Torqueboards TB110 Really Big wheels [Serious]

@mmaner has a thread on builders on surfrodz with a few options

2 Likes

Yes! I wonā€™t call them out here though :wink:

Use spacers (unnamed person)!

Almost nobody uses spaces on popsicle skateboards anymore.
I went into 3 different skate shops when I got a new skateboard and everyone looked at me like an alien when I asked for spacers.

1 Like

yeah, zealous bearings are awesome. I have 2400km on mine without cleaning (sorry) and they still run super great.

1 Like

Anyone know if these wheels are too bouncy for the spud?

@torqueboards

Makes for good slide wheels :wink:

7 Likes

@yelnats8j sweet moves! :smile: :+1:

6 Likes

Makes also good flat spots!

1 Like

Thats why you keep the wheels spinning :wink:

4 Likes

That moment when you are still used to huge grip and they are suddenly broken in and the ass end of your board tries to overtake the front. Happened to me on a toeside lean and I soiled myself.

3 Likes

These things take forever to fully break in but when they do they are a very predictable wheel.

They come back easy from a slide which is commendable considering the size and grip. No hint of a high side. Nothing rag dolls you quite like a high side.
I lost the back end accidentally heelside on a known corner that suddenly had gravel all over it and the board came back sweet once the grip was restored. Didnā€™t stop dead and throw me into orbit but just slid back smoothly and came back in line. Still loving these big old beauties.

9 Likes

@torqueboards Abec core Plans? Anyone? I need it!

The kegel core is better though. Deeper 'thane (smaller core), stronger and round holes are much easier to DIY than whatever shape this is

d6a1a588c00601453dd678dce7a8ff637bb06bfc

Because drill bits and bolts are both round

And deeper 'thane is better

And less void means stronger core

5 Likes

You can have thinner thane with better rebound if fourmla is right making a lighter wheel with better performance.

Yeah the issue is that i already have Abec pulleys.

Not sure in general about the 110mm. I know that you praise them. Iā€™m coming from 3 years of Hub motor riding and the last few months 200mm pneumatics.

Plan would be to use a single 6374 sk3 190kv (because thats what i have laying around) with a 10s4p 30q pack + a 12s2p lipo 12Ah as backup. I plan on running it on foc (Esk8 is illegal here) I also have to find a FOC compatible vesc.

Saving a few grams of wheel weight for a performance sacrifice may be worth it on downhill boards ---- but in the world of electric where people are putting 60 cells on a board that weighs 25lbs (11.3kg) itā€™s not worth it.

If you did find a better formula, youā€™d still want it as deep as possible to be even better. No sense in trimming a couple grams off the wheel on an 11kg board and sacrificing some performance.

6 Likes

New tires/thane have mould release agent on, you have to carefully ā€˜scrubā€™ it off with careful riding for the first few miles, most people are familiar with this from cars/bikes.

1 Like

About a year and a half later, 6 months after the production wheels rolled out of the factory, these wheels are still kicking my ass.

I havenā€™t had any chunking at all on the production formula wheels. Not a single one, out of 24 wheels (6 sets).

15 Likes

Working on testing a 74A version see if they provide more grip and are a bit softer.

13 Likes

is it fair to assume you average about (10) miles a day?