Torqueboards TB110 Really Big wheels [Serious]

well, i guess they need some more km to be worn enough…

sadly my deck didn’t survive thursday’s slide, a sharp turn on a dirty road…
(not used to thanes yet, so i lost control, at 40ish km/h and my crappy deck choose this time to break, i’m glad i’m all right but i’m stuck without a board again…)

3 Likes

Would weight be of concern pass the 120mm mark? I am also guessing Torque loss you think ??

1 Like

You mean like adding 100 more grams to a 15kg board?

:rofl:

In any case, the cells are going to be the heaviest part by far

1 Like

How many miles has those wheels been through?

Just change the pulley ratio no big deal

The original prototypes above?

They’ve outlasted 3 skates and are now on here

And still have zero chunking

3 Likes

No the 72as

Ah, the 72A finally did chunk a little bit, but under extreme circumstances

I have no idea to know exactly how many miles they had, but it was a lot. I’d say a lot more than would chunk a 74A Superfly, if that helps. Probably a few thousand.

They are still in use, as well.

1 Like

I think the major concern passing from 120mm to 135mm diameter wheel will be losing a bit of range rather than gaining a few more grams of weight per wheel for an overall 8 to 12kgs board. What is that compared to any rider weight which could shift from 75kgs to as much as 100 to 120 kgs ?

Is the urethane formula in the Blue 110mm the same in the Black ones??

Yes, correct. Currently, they are both 72A.

3 Likes

Are you planning on releasing a production version of these? Cuz I want some :drooling_face:

Anyone ever compared these wheels to 77A Kegels or Caguamas? The baby blue ones

I loved them in the past, but after riding 8” pneumatics for almost a year and going back to urethane they are way to hard

1 Like

74A TB110 is squishier than 77A Cags

3 Likes

Got about 50 miles on my first set of tb110s and love them so freaking smooth and can ride over stuff that I wouldn’t even try on my old 96mm

4 Likes

they are certainly the smoothest solid thane wheels

3 Likes

I was coming from hub motors so its that much more noticeable

1 Like

oh jesus yeah… your lucky feet now!

2 Likes

Haven’t done proper AB testing, but TB110 78A feel like pnematic wheels when riding on brick roads – very noticeable difference compared to the new 100mm Boas. Kinda hate myself now for not believing the hype :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I’m over here sad I can put them on my matrix 2s I currently have, guess I’ll just have to do another build :man_shrugging:t3::man_shrugging:t3:

Seriously though they got me like 50 mile range easy with being close to the feel of pneumatics. Love them wheels!

5 Likes