TorqueBoards DirectDrive | Unity | 12S4P 21700 40T | LY Switchblade 40

I’m selling a super cheap 12s charger :upside_down_face:

Price isn’t actually the important metric to me ATM, quick shipping is. Right now I’m even contemplating getting a lab power supply and just using that until the the chargers arrive. I even ordered two chargers on ali in hopes that one would arrive sooner than the other

Do you have a shop or something? What would order times to germany be like? :smiley:

I don’t have a shop, just a sale thread. Service I ship with says 4 days to Germany; but shipping times vary quite a lot as of now. From past experience I’d say it’s usually 8 days.

Build the board first, then worry about the charger :upside_down_face:

Yeah by that time the first aliexpress order should have arrived, but thanks

1 Like

All parts have now arrived and I did an almost not incompetent job at putting it together.

No clue how to properly solder these : https://www.amazon.de/DeLock-Steckverbinder-5mm-Buchse-Einbaubuchse/dp/B00FWP5EYK/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=5.5+2.1+buchse&qid=1597395440&sr=8-3 so I did a pretty bad job and will have to get a new one for permanent install and get somebody who is competent to solder it for me/get one that is easier to solder. Until then I use WAGO clamps to mount the port when I want to charge and keep an eye on it at all times while charging.

I’ll also have to move the unity a bit further away from the motors to not bunch up the wires - somehow the double sided tape I used to mount it and the battery work about a dozen times better on the unity than the battery so that will be fun to do… At least the enclosure is big enough that I have absolutely no issues with space.

I’ll also have to fine tune the other four enclosure mounting holes and then epoxy the threaded inserts into place, but that shouldn’t be a massive hassle. Now I just hope that the blue TB110 come into stock soon - or I get the black ones to get the package from dexter sooner since that will also have a replacement axle for the one that is slightly bent…

Oh and i need to install my rear cross plate, but then I’m all done.

First ride today was beautiful, once I went down to 20A battery discharge. 44kph max, the acceleration curve is awesome.

1 Like

Tb110 in black are ordered

And i need to install the dope grip

1 Like

May I present, the almost final form of my board. Please note the lack of power button and the crappy job I did of cutting hexagons in my griptape. Surprisingly, the overall look is great though.

Only missing wheels now. Oh and I’m paying a 200 dollar idiot tax because I didn’t order them with the motors, need to get one new axle and Dexter doesn’t offer free shipping on international orders anymore…

Oh and I designed and printed the cross plates myself. Nothing fancy but looks better than a hole and is a nice starting point for light mounts etc

Did a ride today, 36km, 456wH used, 26kph average - 13wH/km. Not bad but can definitely be improved with two straight axles…

Btw what temp cutoff should I use? I easily reached 70 degrees today

3 Likes

Are you not worried about wheel-bite with the larger wheels?

meh, not overly

If it has wheelbite, I’ll either install risers, or have somebody who knows how to do woodworking cut a bit more of the deck away where it bites into it

:sob:

1 Like

You can sand motor wells.

3 Likes

I already have it top mounted and the motors are okay, the wheels might bite though

I’ll take that as a compliment for my crossplates

1 Like

I put in 1/8" risers and have no wheel bite on the tb110s.

Unrelated for my own benefit, is it necessary to put crossplates on the top? I’m currently running without and just 3d printed inserts into the hole to hide it, but will I have issues long term without the crossplates?

AFAIK there is no reason to run crossplates except looks. Mine certainly don’t do anything besides maybe blocking some dirt and blocking the look into the hole

1/8th is so little, does it actually need any risers at all?

IDK, probably not. I tested without them at first and with full weight on one side, the edge did barely hit the wheel. But I never lean that far in actual riding so I probably never would have noticed.

Also here are my inserts I printed for example.

1 Like

Those inserts look great as well, are they just pressed into the cutout or are they otherwise fixed into place

They are just pressed in place. I printed them out of tpu so they can flex a bit. They stay pretty good but do ride up a little over time but a little tap back down and good to go.

It is done, tb110 are installed

The visible gap between the motors and the wheels are quite a lot bigger than with the abec 97s but when you know its supposed to be like that all is well.

Attached is a pic of what riding ~100km on 97mm wheels did to my motors.

Oh and also, no wheelbite at all. Maybe I’m not running the loosest axles but theres still like 8-10mm of space left.

4 Likes

what kv dd’s do you have?

75kv

I don’t plan to run AT and expected (rightfully) that the torque of the 75kv should be enough for what I do

And I don’t like high speed riding enough for 90kv motors

As it turns out, the 59kph or so that I managed thus far were fast enough, and since I’m still running my 12s system at 30-40 battery amps, the torque part was right as well.

I might have to do a better writeup of the build, and include a bunch of pictures

3 Likes