TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor Kit

Yeah, still don’t get it but ok bud whatever makes your happy :+1:t3: Overreactions are fun.

1 Like

2 Likes

@Mobutusan So far so good. Need to ride it harder though and increase the settings :smile:

6 Likes

sweeeet

Just got my battery back and vescs
thank you @torqueboards.

could you briefly give me the vesc set up as far as the battery and the motors?
i have the DD 75kv.
ty

1 Like

I’d set it up manually and you can run in BLDC Unsensored or FOC Unsensored/FOC Sensored. FOC is more silent/quieter than BLDC mode.

You can start settings off around 60/-70/30/-20 and see if you want to increase your settings.

1 Like

ty bro
i set up motor 60amps and battery max 60 amps
set brake regen to negative 10.
I only get one motor spinning when i do a motor detection in bldc.
checked the canbus connector and its tight.

ran it in Foc mode and got both motors to spin no problem, but Iam getting a grinding noice at low speeds, the motors are acting twitchy.
I stood on the board on my floor to test it out and it wont even move forward, like the motors are glitching and wont push forward. with no weight the motors spin fast and hard.

Am i missing something ?
possibly incorrect settings?

ty for any help

You have to program each motor separately and have your app config settings properly so both motors are able to spin. Send us an email.

1 Like

I did update them separately
then I configured them the same separately as well, annd then I tur ned them off, unplugged and plugged in canbus.

ok i will email you now

sorry to hijack this thread. How well do you 4.12vescs work with FOC? batch from December/January 2018/2019

I haven’t any issues running in foc. Know of a few people who had thousands of miles running in foc perhaps if you ride hard which increases temps you may have more issues.

@torqueboards
is your dd hanger the same as the 218mm?
need to know for the hammock baseplates

@directC No, I don’t think it is.

Not compatible. You’ll need the Bowery Surf baseplates

2 Likes

I think we’re almost at the deadline for them on the 30th

Yup I’m about to put in an order for purple ones on my newly skinned haya. I think it will be a perfect match for the color scheme…also purple is my jam

2 Likes

Haha I did purp too, gonna paint a switchblade black with purple frit

2 Likes

That sounds dope. I think I picked the right color.

I could also see a red and blue split color too🤔

11 Likes

I would see if u could do a split, would look sick

2 Likes

is the tb dd front truck the 218mm or a special one?
if special, could i buy just a hanger? might also buy the pneumatics, not sure yet

@directC TB DD Front Truck is a Custom 220mm.

I can sell a set of 2 precision trucks but not a single hanger atm.

Have it in blue and red also.

10 Likes