TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor Kit

Yea that’s obv binding somewhere

@torqueboards Any ETA on when people will be able to get this kit with baseplate angles less than 50 degrees? Like 50/35.

2 Likes

We have 35d. Just let us know you want 35d and we can swap it.

4 Likes

@torqueboards I just updated to Unity FW 5.1 and lost my motor temp readings after re-configuration. I’m actually writing another post in the new FW thread but I saw you were online :grin:

The motor thermistor type was set to NTC 10K at 25˚C and the Beta Value was set to 3380K… does this sound correct/do you know what these should be?

Should be fine. I believe, it’s 3435K.

3 Likes

@torqueboards
Any update on the AT wheels availability?

2 Likes

@PickSix24 I only recommend it on 4WD. I wouldn’t recommend or suggest it on 2WD.

But I do have TB DD AT Adapters but I’d only sell them if you have purchased a 4WD.

7 Likes

Good to know thanks !

2 Likes

Dexter, are you paying for Google Ads? I just got a Notification for your All Terrain kit discount but via the Google app and not just Gmail

1 Like

@torqueboards hey Dexter, I’m doing a full teardown and modification to my deck and when I tried to unscrew the wheel nut the axel started rotating. I had to use a wrench to hold it so I could get the wheel off. Can I take the axels all the way off, clean them, throw some loctite on them? Do I need a bit of oil or grease? Sorry I am naive to this.

4 Likes

@Meeep Yeah, you can clean it and remove them. Then re-apply threadlock.

2 Likes

@torqueboards Dex, I had this same problem. Just FYI. Finished a ride and one of my front axels was loose enough I removed it by hand. I cleaned it up and put some loctite on it and all is well.

2 Likes

@Clark Yeah, I’d definitely check it and make sure it doesn’t come loose. I’ll try and include some info on the page. Should be in a monthly maintenance check routine.

3 Likes

To be fair, they had been untouched and going strong for 7 months now. I was actually unaware that the axels were removable when I bought the set. Thanks for the quick response!

2 Likes

@torqueboards any availability updates for the 75kv kits? I think you’d said you were expecting them in this week maybe?

1 Like

Should be coming in sometime next week.

We’ll have 60KV, 75KV, 90KV available.

6 Likes

I didn’t know you were doing 60kv dds- I know you’d said before that the 75kv versions weren’t good for AT wheels (unless you go 4wd), but how do the 60kv versions do with an AT setup? Any better?

2 Likes

Tbh I still wouldn’t recommend it and would only recommend it on 4wd as it depends on the terrain, how you ride and where you ride.

7 Likes

I saw your post in the pics only thread with some silver direct drives… New color option or just a prototype?

Also did you get stock back in yet this week like we all hoped?

2 Likes

@torqueboards you are being summoned :eyes::eyes:

1 Like