Torqueboards customer service?

@Leon glad you doin okay… dat sounds pretty gnarly… :eyes:. Granted all my boards use minis and never had a disconnect… then again NY probably more dense than even LA so there is that :sleepy:

Now 2 the second point… how do we know the review was deleted? I don’t know obviously how the TB site works… but most sites it seems would probably query their DB of reviews and only take say the top X number with the highest ratings… now is that the most fair way to display reviews hell nah… but then again a lot of sites do that :man_shrugging:

Also as the robot man pointed out usually reviews are not right away published in the case they aren’t true or overly exaggerated… (not saying yours was the case) just spitballin here… :eyes:

Dat bein said tho if I was in charge of a site and someone left a review that said “shit almost killed me” granted this was true lol… I probs wouldn’t publish it. Is that 100% transparency nah but I guess dats
How shit go down :eyes::penguin:

I need to maybe learns more…
:doughnut:

8 Likes

Kinda hard to check that when I was outside at the time. But I went home every disconnections and checked it. Battery was still at 80% charge.

1 Like

really, literally?

1 Like

Yes, having a second set of batteries and changing them is something I do. I get this problem even at full.

2 Likes

Try a different set of new alkaline AA batteries as a troubleshooting step.

2 Likes

and measure the voltage before you shove them in…

if you’re going to science at least do it scientifically…

2 Likes

I use these.

1 Like

Lol it probably was deleted due to saying “almost killed me”. But I said that in a different site and they didn’t mind.

1 Like

I suggest this because there is a tiny chance the rechargeable battery could [be broken and] show a voltage on a multimeter, but could sag to unusable voltage under load. The Mini is flashing the “low batt” error.

2 Likes

Have you ever had the board working normally using another remote?

Trying to establish if there is a known good that you started from! What you’re describing can actually be caused by a number of things.

Glad you’re safe.

7 Likes

that wasn’t low battery, that was disconnection. This happened in broad daylight so its hard to tell.

Thats why I’m getting the gt2b. To see if its not the remote itself this time.

2 Likes

Sounds like a good plan!

A/B testing is life.

4 Likes

Hahaha… yea unfortunately not supporting or defending anyone here but that’s always up to the site owner… some might find it exaggerated :eyes::man_shrugging: Some
Not so much…

I can defs see your side but as someone that works on sites… I can see the other side of the aisle too

I just wanted to point out possibly reasons for it not being visible or even deleted…
I don’t have the details but rather potential reasons as to what happened and why…
:doughnut:

In the end… I’m glad you are still here letting us know of the issue and hopefully we can all get a solution for you… :call_me_hand:

Cuz we jus wanna shred… n not get shredded ¿:penguin::beers:

2 Likes

agreed 100%

2 Likes

I’m making sure it’s user error and not the product. The only thing that got me confused is the reviews. Usually when I leave a 1 star, a company reaches out to me about it. Then they delete the review and let’s me know what we can do to come to a conclusion.

This one didn’t.

2 Likes

Personally I would maybe email them… or even just hit @torqueboards with a PM. He is slammed usually but he tends to get back to everyone at some point…

Your strategy is very… interesting :joy::joy: to say the least.

1 Like

Oh, this was like before I knew about the forums lol. I searched about “torqueboards random disconnections” and rarely seen anyone else with this issue.

At that point, I don’t even know what to say.

1 Like

Ahhhh for sure for sure… that makes sense :call_me_hand::doughnut:

Yea the reason being the mini remote has been one of the most reliable remotes (to my knowledge). I personally have 4 of them and ride in LA all up in dis bishh… never had a disconnect. Again I would say NY is more dense than LA… so things could get wonky there…

I’m sure we have some NY riders in here that use the mini… that could let us know their experience :eyes:

If you do science this… obviously do it cautiously… :beers:. Stay away from cars and busses too :smirk:

very much appreciate the positive energy, CiscoV. Skaters helping skaters!

5 Likes