Torqueboards customer service?

So 2021 :smirk:

5 Likes

Any progress on the aluminum AT tire pulleys? My pulleys are pretty warped.

Sup Dex. Im using moons mounts, these to be exact. I have them held down with m4x12 socket cap screws I got off monster bolts along with some plane jane steel washers and fancy aluminum washers. I’m gonna try and have them tapped for m5.

1 Like

@torqueboards btw, I remember awhile ago you were talking about making a 160mm hanger. Is that dead?

You have no right to be talking shit homie

4 Likes

Is this kind of cracking normal? I can stick a fingernail in there. I have maybe 20 miles on these wheels. Did I get a bad batch or something? (other 2 are also defective)

1 Like

Good luck on getting him to say yes on that one. He still denies my mini problem.

1 Like

Bahahaha

Do you brake your wheels in at all?
I’d personally never put fresh urethane on a esk8.
Gotta brake them in a bit.
Especially with soft Wheels, sharp rocks or glass in the street can easily cut them, fill with super glue.

5 Likes

It’s kinda like getting rough skin from using your hands a lot and then they are harder to cut and scrape

3 Likes

Wait. So how do you break them in if you don’t put them on?
Do they harden after a few miles?

Flintstone Style

3 Likes

I don’t; Should I be doing that on a pushboard?

I wasn’t able to put anything in there before, but thats before I started riding. Though on my other two one wheel isn’t squared off (like an untrue bike wheel) and another has a cracking core (also there before riding)

Haha. I didn’t know thane got any stronger after a few miles of kickpushing!? Maybe @torqueboards should include that part in the instructions
“How to properly break in your ESK8 wheels”

3 Likes

Breaking in Wheels in a parking lot or just pumping around town was always a rule I followed just from my downhill days.

A fresh new set of wheels thrown into a powerslide can chunk like crazy.

It’s like Wheels come with baby soft skin on the outside when they are fresh.

3 Likes

like just gentle cruising on an esk8?

oh wait nvm by pumping im guessing it means just pushing around town

Except not a single downhill company tells you to do this yet every person I know that does downhill knows this rule.
We can’t always have someone holding our hand

4 Likes

don’t get me wrong you can totally break your wheels in on your esk8.
Just ride really easy on them. Pretend it’s raining or something.

3 Likes

And never said they got stronger.
But they are much less prone to large chunking

4 Likes

Bahaha. Good point It’s good to learn new shit
BUT in our defense. Most of the esk8 community has never been a “skateboarders or even less a downhiller” Heck. We’ve never owned a kickpusher. for the most part we’re normal people who only developed an interest in skateboards once we found out there were motors attached to them “personal experience at least”
It’s kinda unreasonable for the pros to think we should all know the tricks to make a certain product perform better

Heck. If I bought them for esk8ing I will use them on my esk8 right out of the box
Install them and rip on them UNLESS there is something that tell me otherwise :man_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes