Torqueboards customer service?

Aww thank you brother :kissing_heart:
I think I’m getting too old to be riding a damn skateboard :cry:

2 Likes

@torqueboards Do we know if there’s a release date for the TB6 - it seems I’m seeing more and more people talking about how good (more than I thought there were beta testers) they are but I’ve not seen an Availability post regarding them yet. If they’re still in beta, is it a closed or Open Enrollment beta?

3 Likes

@Davewesh
I was told to email him 12 times a day :joy: until you get them @ahrav :rofl:

2 Likes

Just send Dex some nudes, he’ll get them shipped out next day :call_me_hand:t3:

3 Likes

If I’m wrong… I’ll sell you some of mine :joy::joy:

3 Likes

@torqueboards you into milf’s Dex? Wifey would finally be good for something. Even trade on 63100’s?

5 Likes

I mean I’m down, @torqueboards lmk if you want anything special written on my lovely childless-dad-bod :smiley:

3 Likes

I’ll take 4 :kissing_heart:

1 Like

What’s going on?

Why is the hall sensors underneath the battery wires? Wouldn’t that break the sensors in the long run?

1 Like

My brain has a hard time grasping how a possible faulty sensor cable can destroy a can bus circuit

3 Likes

With VESC anything can happen :man_shrugging:

Sometimes it just breaks trying to detect a motor.

What probably happened is faulty sensored caused MCU to die, 5V rail became a short, and then CAN shorted through there and poof.

3 Likes

As I said before, I suspect the can transciever to be dead if anything, that usually presents itself as a 5v rail shorted to ground which in turn doesn’t provide power to the LDO regulator and the MCU.

No, the MCU is dead. The MCU is the short to ground.

CAN chip is probably fine.

2 Likes

How would a faulty sensor board kill the mcu if the nominal voltages are 5v anyways?

Sensor board came into contact with phase wires.

MCU sees battery voltage boom dead.

2 Likes

Makes sense, could have happened. :slight_smile:

So many misconceptions from poor designs of the past.

The reason why CAN bus circuits exploded in the past was because of those garbage ass lowside antisparks that didn’t have inrush current limiting.

Two ESCs would end up floating at different voltages and then one of the capacitors discharges through the CAN chip.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t that mean that connecting a new esc to the same problematic motor would cause the same result?

1 Like

If the issue is intermittent maybe (ie depends on how the motor wires are positioned) maybe. If it’s permanent most likely yes.