💪 TORQUE ESC V6.64 - High Mileage Immediate Testers

Yeah!! Maybe I’ll try doing that today.

I’m not very good in the whole nerd department. I mean. I know how to work my way around vesc tool but never done the whole “bootloader” deal. Any help will be appreciated :love_you_gesture:t3:

1 Like

Just like FW loading just go into the bootloader tab and than hit upload.

2 Likes

Awesome. Seen that but didn’t wanna do something that will compromise the vesc lol.
Thanks brother. I appreciate the info

2 Likes

Can’t promise it will fix it, but worth a try in my humble opinion. You probably need to do that for each vesc separated if I remember right. Haven’t done that with the lates FW so maybe things changed a bit.

2 Likes

Well give it a shot brother. Thank you.

This is why I should stick to Unity. I’m straight up dumb :sob:

2 Likes

this is also why im still stuck with unity, until the stormcore app has an android version :man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

THERES NO ANDROID VERSION? So Android users aren’t able to use the StormCore at all or they’re stuck with vesc tool?

1 Like

no android app yet for stormcore, either vesc tool app or get an iphone, and i choose none of that lol

1 Like

I would rather die

5 Likes

The good ol’ tcp bridge :laughing:

2 Likes

Or you can’t stop yet, you’re not done.

1 Like

I’m beyond DONE. I am Mike

Too soon?

3 Likes

UPDATE:

I had a friend walk me through the vesc tool, just a fun refresher. Always good to check yourself. Anyway.

I went through, wiped the esc’s to default, then re-installed the firmware on both without being connected over CANBUS. Then, instead of programming the motors over “other” motors, I ran the FOC detections despite not having FOC sensor wires. Why that actually worked? No freaking clue. Then we saw that when switching to BLDC in the General Tab under motor config, it inverted the wheel direction. Weird again. Input had to go through UART bc Flipsky VX2. So playing with the motor config more, we switched over from using the computer VESC tool to the mobile app. Ran through the wizard again FOC to get the motors to communicate over the CAN. Then, we switched to BLDC through the app, and the data is where it should be. Top speed, range, etc. are all solid now on the app, and I seriously love the ability to program it on the fly where or when I need to.

Thank you all again for the help and space to air frustrations, I’ll inevitably be here again at some point to ask some sort of question.

Would like an answer to this though…programming detection through FOC worked. The remote powered both motors, and it was quieter and seemed smoother than BLDC, but I don’t actually have sensor wires. Would that have been unsafe to ride?

2 Likes

Sensor Wires arent inherently for FOC or not. So this is irrelevant.

Likely this is HFI doing its thing, this would be expected in my opinion if you’re on V6 hardware (and using FOC).

Edit: clarifying statement

You can use metr and use TCP Bridge to allow the use of VESC Tool on a computer.

You can also do that with the VESC Tool Android application, but it’s less stable in my experience than the metr software.

2 Likes

Battery-12S8P 40t
ESC- Dual TB6 VESC
Motor- TB6380 190k unsensored
Tires- 8inch Primo Stryker

What’s the best way to reduce ESC heat besides a heatsink? Since moving from 6374 sensored sealed Maytechs to TB6380 unsensored I have noticed a jump of up about average 10c degrees. Do sensored motors normally heat up the ESC less or is the extra heat coming from the higher rated motors?

2 Likes

No

Maybe

What were your settings on the old motor?

1 Like

60/-40 motor
45/-12 battery

The temp stats from the metr log seem a little excessive, no?

FOC just means it drives the motor by smoothly changing the direction of the force vector applied by the magnetic field. Once the board starts going, it can figure out the motor position without sensors fine. Without sensors you will just have a bit of a bumpy start, probably requiring you to push the board with your foot a bit to get you going. (Although I could swear that on some firmware versions I’ve had unsensored FOC start up smooth as butter, no HFI magic needed! )

It’s perfectly safe to run FOC unsensored, I always prefer it over BLDC :+1:

3 Likes