💪 TORQUE ESC V6.64 - High Mileage Immediate Testers

How close are we getting to production

1 Like

Into the rabbit hole do you go :rabbit: :hole: :rabbit2:

3 Likes

Anyone online here at the moment?

I was told from Alan that I need to program the 40T battery to 100A max, as in 50 per side. But I’m seeing here that my TB 6380 motors are only set for 80A max? I thought you weren’t supposed to program the battery higher than the motors?

So you need to set 80A motor and 50A battery amps for each ESC. No problems with that.

And if your battery amps are higher than motor amps, then it means that VESC will just always cap at motor amps (won’t derate motor amps to honor battery amps).

1 Like

So the “Battery Current Max” needs to be set at 100, because I’m using two esc’s?

Motor current max: 80A
Motor Current Max Brake: -80
Battery Current Max: 100
Battery current max regen: -12

100A max needs to be spilt between the 2 esc’s.
If you set each ESC to 100A you will attempt or even pull 200A from your 100A max rated pack.

1 Like

Example:
Battery current max regen: -12 ESC ONE
Battery current max regen: -12 ESC TWO
equals: -24 regen/high speed braking from my understanding.

2 Likes

Yes, I understand the concept. I am simply triple checking, waiting for someone to say “Yes. That is the correct configuration.” to what I posted.

1 Like

I would do 50A per side for a total of 100A.
Yah only one side per gets 50A but when fully grounded you should be able to pull the full 100A when needed.

(I say fully grounded depending if you have traction control, this can kinda lower the amps if you have one wheel off the ground.)

Yeah, its important to understand that the VESCs don’t discuss or share amp settings when connected. If you have two VESCs set at 50 battery amps each, then your board can pull 100 battery amps. If you would have 4 VESCs configured in the same way, you would be able to pull 200 battery amps.

3 Likes

Battery Current Max: 100

OR

Battery Current Max: 50

I am running dual Torque 6 ESC’s, master/slave connected over CANBUS. If I’m understanding everyone correctly, the bottom choice is correct.

For each individual ESC, set these:

Battery Current Max: 50

Although I would recommend Motor Current Max Brake: -30 or -40, gives you more linear brakes as high speed is limited by battery anyway. In my board -35 is pretty much the limit of braking traction anyway (with TB110, 6380 motors, 15/44 pulleys).

1 Like

my God thank you.

2 Likes

Can anyone share what firmware they’re running their Torque6 ESC’s on? Dex sent out a piece of paper explaining what firmware to run and gave a link to download the proper version of the VESC programmer, but my Windows Anti-Virus detected there was a trojan in it so I didn’t download off that link in particular.

Which link?

You can get it here

https://vesc-project.com/vesc_tool

2 Likes

It was this https://ufile.io/i641xld4

I need some serious help with the VESC programmer and getting the board programmed. Idk why I never had issues with the Ackmaniac programmer version, but the VESC Tool always gives me grief.

1 Like

The VESC Tool keeps telling me to update my firmware when I want to program my input, but I do that and it will never read as updated. I have no clue what to do about that. My firmware hasn’t changed. It’s reading as the same firmware each time. Sometimes it picks up, most times it does not. Never consistent enough to program a master and slave. This is infuriating!

For some reason my Flipsky VX2 remote will not work with mapping the pulselength on the PPM to get the right min, median, and max values.

Also, I can’t get this weird slow pace reverse function to go away when programming with “Current No Reverse with Brake”

Seriously, how do you get the dang thing to communicate over CANbus to make a dual motor setup work? The Ackmaniac programmer was so much easier, because the Input Wizard literally let you program an individual master and slave.

Having the exact same problem here. With the difference that I was able to manually program my slave

My board is running like shit “no power” but vesc temperature never goes over 78c and motor temperature has been disabled due to random cut outs

Let’s hope someone can help us out lol

1 Like

If the FW isn’t updating even if you run through the update process than there might be the bootloader missing.
Might be worth a try to first flash the bootloader via vesc tool and than the FW.

3 Likes