Torque Boards 6374 question

Are the TB6374s any good?

1 Like

I purchased 2 and one is solid the other has some questionable play in the shaft bearing.

1 Like

Freerchobby make some of the best motors available
@walnuts Funny is how u ask the question yet think u know anyway.

1 Like

I thought it was fairly common knowledge that freerchobby was kind of like bottom of the barrel type stuff? Am i wrong?

You’re right. They were to tier a while back before better options emerged

No, I have had problems with freerchobby motors, the can likes to twist off the shaft especially.

The later TB6374s were (are?) good motors. Depends when they were made, there were LOTS of small incremental improvements over time. But even the first batches I would say are better than freerchobby.

1 Like

How anyone is deciding what is top tier or bottom I wonder. What criteria is that being judged on?

I don’t even see any other of the cheap manufacturers stating what’s in the motor. Is it .35mm laminations of crap steel or the otherwise unobtainable .15mm Kawasaki steel. Are they the highest strength magnets available rated for high heat such as n45sh or n48sh or maybe they lose their magnetism at some ridiculously low temp. Both are crucial in revealing the power ability of the motor.

What bearings?
How big the airgap?

I think people are deciding what’s better or worse based on a few people’s posts about their motor breaking

1 Like

How well they last from experience. Slipping magnets and loose retaining rings are common in those motors. Flipsky and reacher win hands down in reliability.

Performance is similar across the board, so longevity is typically the deciding factor.

3 Likes

There isn’t enough info on the site or any other site I can see that would reveal Freerchobby stuff is losing magnets or retaining rings more than others.

Performance of a .15mm lam motor with n45sh magnets is a far far distance from .35 and cheap low temp magnets. If ur motor can only get up to half or even a third the temp before being damaged that’s not insignificant

Which is why I suggested Reachers. Those motors typically come with EH grade magnets like the ones I run, yet I still havent gotten the motors over 70C. Cant speak for lamination, but once again I’m not talking about performance.
The Freerchobby motors arent battle hardened, and the retaining ring is held in with friction. Surprise surprise, it doenst hold up to mild abuse. I had to replace a motor entirely bc of this.

1 Like

Where are you finding motors with .15 Laminations?

1 Like

:person_shrugging: here are flipsky’s BH motors

Reacher is N42SH or N38EH with 0.2 lam too

Freerchobby are the same too

1 Like

Nice to see they’re posting ingredients these days and pretty good but the best ingredients I’ve seen for reasonable cost are Freerchobby.

1 Like

Freerchobby has some or at least one. I have a couple. I’ve not seen any other of the cheap Chinese motors with .15mm or even n45sh

If it’s thought freechobby’s main problem is the magnets come loose maybe worth reinforcing them. But I don’t know all of freechobby’s stuff and I just defend them generally based on what I read and have. They make some seriously big strong motors.

Another serious problem with freerchobby is the can slipping on the axle.

100% this:

Performance is zero if it’s broken. Doesn’t matter how good it was.

1 Like

Experiences vary.

I’ve been frustrated trying to get shafts off all three of my Freerchobby motors and they’re press fitted. (Replacing them with shorter shafts)

It’s my experience the best way to get them out is to put the motors on a longboard and start using them :rofl:

1 Like

Freerchobby shaft fixing with dutch pins:

3 Likes