TOP rated prebuilt boards to consider Black carve 2,BKB duo etc.

Where did he go :thinking:

2 Likes

I was putting my kids to bed. I actually looked at the demon by propulsion boards and it’s very compelling for sure and real motors and ESC too. But from the 5 above I was inquiring about I’m thinking the BKB duo is probably putting out the most torque? Where do I find details on the M5?

2 Likes
1 Like

Are you looking for rkp or dkp trucks?

1 Like

I’ve ridden both and like both. So either is fine.

2 Likes

I would personally do bkb, demon, or m5 cuz they all have vesc and have a diy vibe

1 Like

This is not necessarily true. I will also disagree with your statement about the eovan, I believe it is one of the better options out there for what it is. More on the higher price side though

Has 21700 cells as well, unknown what panasonic cell they are, but the rest of the specs are pretty good and from what I have seen so far it looks to be good.

Please don’t offer advice on something unless you actually know what you’re talking about

Unknownboards is completely unproven, not even really “out there” yet

The demon 2.0 sounds like a pretty good option, but I would still check everything before attempting to ride it because there isn’t a track record for them here. It’s not like any of us would buy basically a DIY board when we could do it ourselves

I’ve heard a lot of good things about the Blackcarve, but some of Fabi’s creations have had questionable quality control records. However, it may have improved with the v2 version. I haven’t seen the internals of it so I can’t confirm or deny anything about it

I would stay away from hubs but that is personal preference. Backfire has a pretty good track record overall though and apparently good customer service

6 Likes

Alright my bad. I do believe that a Chinese vesc is more unreliable then the others. I spend a lot of time on this stuff so it’s not like I glanced over product pages and called it a day but sorry if I’m completely wrong and feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

I don’t have any personal experience with an Eovan ESC in hand, but I would not say that it is any less reliable than any other “chinese” esc’s.

The newest hobbywing and lingyi esc/remote combos are actually pretty solid. I do not think it is fair to assume the legitimacy of a “chinese” vesc outside of one that we have tested (flipsky, spintend, etc). It is also Vesc 6 architecture, which is cool

Again, idk really because I don’t have one. But what I’ve seen so far is that it’s good

5 Likes

Ya I formulated this opinion from others experiences that I have seen on Reddit but I have also seen plenty of people who have had there’s be fine but do think it’s worth noting

1 Like

@jason how important is costumer service 2 you?

1 Like

Anyway to get back on topic, I agree, there are not many youtubers out there that take a scientific breakdown of the performance of these boards.

The information about the performance provided with a board can often be thrown straight out the window. The fact of the matter is that it can vary so wildly depending on the rider, weight, hills, temperature… It goes on and on. I usually take provided specs and knock off 25% to set the expectation

The only one I could think of is skatemetric, which is a great channel that I enjoyed, it’s unfortunate to have not seen any new content from them

JohnpaulYT actually does have a speed test thing too now that I think of it

Reddit has many questionable opinions on products lmao take everything with a grain of salt

7 Likes

Ya I hope they make more content soon

2 Likes

True dat

1 Like

Customer service is a high priority.
Warranty not so much. I could give you a two year warranty on a piece of turd but it’s still a piece of turd.-Tommy Boy

4 Likes

Just the other day, someone posted their cracked Backfire,“pure carbon fiber board”. Plot twist, it had layers of fiberglass. I’d stay away from Backfire boards just for the false advertising. That’s just me though.

2 Likes

1 Like

@jason Some brands stay closer to their actual range than others

Eovan from what I have seen in the tests is close
Boosted over rated a little
Evolve is pretty accurate
BKB is pretty accurate
Revel is over rated a little, especially on the smaller battery
Backfire is close ish
Teemgee seems to be wildly over rated
Exway is probably 25% over rated
Propulsion boards idk

There’s tons more out there. I tend to trust esk8 reviewers more when they show ride tracking apps of their route. It also depends on what terrain they rode on and all that. Speaking again of the eovan specifically let me find something for you I saw a good review the other day that had a great range test

Edit: He obviously has affiliate links, but I liked how he did this range test and showed his results

2 Likes

It’s just marketing BS obviously

You wouldn’t want to ride a pure carbon fiber board. It is very misleading but I don’t think people know how much that would suck

It’s not like the eovan or evolve decks are solid carbon either, it’s just that they don’t market it as “pure” carbon

Maybe they mean that the carbon itself is pure? Like no fiberglass mix? No idea really.

It’s just not practical to make those shapes without a core. It’s very common to use a core in all kinds of composites layup scenarios. Clearly that one was not very good

Maybe it was a defect in that layup, who knows

3 Likes

Then I would go bkb personally as the vesc will allow you to get more torque as it’s not getting limited by a hobbywing and the costumer service is pretty good from what I have heard

1 Like