TOP rated prebuilt boards to consider Black carve 2,BKB duo etc.

Hello there all, firstly let me apologize for the thread drift as I realize I should be asking this in the pre-built section but it seems it’s not very active and the best place to get advice may be right here as most who post here have a deep breadth of knowledge and experience. I’m not ready to do my own DIY and cannot afford a sweet custom build at the moment so I’m trying to figure out what these prebuilts can actually accomplish. I currently own an Evolve GTX and Boosted Mini X and am looking for better performance without modification of my current rides which are fine for quick trips around to run errands.
I’m looking at a number of different prebuilt boards and have questions about the validity of the specs they claim, top speed,range and the like. It all seems a bit confusing but I think the different power outputs of the motors are related to how the ESC’s are programmed, that said I would assume the board with the biggest motor would produce the most torque if it could be modified by the user through the VESC tool?
Any and all suggestions are welcome, I appreciate the insight. Aside from the 2 boards that come with VESC based ESC’s these are all preset to factory limits on acceleration and speed curves. Based on the factory settings which one of these will produce the most torque assuming the same wheel size, motor gears and pulley’s? Let’s just assume for argument sakes they are all on 97mm thane. I’m not concerned about range so let’s again assume they are all running the same battery set up for simplicity a 10s4p 18650 Samsung 30Q I think it puts out 20A?
These are the ones I’m considering:

1. Backfire Zealot S 875watt motors not sure of the size?
  2. Black Carve 2 6368 motors 170kv’s 2200 watts max each
  3. Eovan GTS Carbon pro 6368 motors 170kv’s 3600 watts max power(VESC based ESC)
    4.Lycaon TRX 2.0 6355 motors 950wattx2 1800wattx2 max power
    5.BKB duo with Xenith ESC(VESC based) dual 3000watt motors I think they are 6354?

Thanks for the help and advice/suggetions/clarity

5 Likes

What’s your budget

4 Likes

I am specifically looking for insight and data if anyone knows regarding the five boards I have named and which one would output the most torque, but my budget falls into their price ranges. Anywhere from $799-$1699
The you tubers that recommend them have a vested interest in promoting them through various compensation models so they are often time quite biased and nobody seems to do science based real world testing aside from skate metrics but they haven’t tested anything for a few years.

5 Likes

You’re lucky you actually understand this. So many people just eat the bait…

13 Likes

Which ones are we talking about in particular?

1 Like

These five:

1. Backfire Zealot S 875watt motors not sure of the size?
  2. Black Carve 2 6368 motors 170kv’s 2200 watts max each
  3. Eovan GTS Carbon pro 6368 motors 170kv’s 3600 watts max power(VESC based ESC)
    4.Lycaon TRX 2.0 6355 motors 950wattx2 1800wattx2 max power
    5.BKB duo with Xenith ESC(VESC based) dual 3000watt motors I think they are 6354?
3 Likes

Oh I meant which you tubers but out of these options I would say just not the Eovan as I think a Chinese vesc can be unreliable

The main question I’m trying to sort out is which one will have the most Torque?

The only you tuber that does anything close to real testing is:
JohnPaulYT

1 Like

Have you ever tried this board

it seems right up your alley :call_me_hand:

7 Likes

Oh well the esc will limit all of them so you want one with a vesc and like I just stated the Chinese vesc is unreliable so I would say go bkb especially if you want to get into diy. Also I think dkwan does a good job with the prebuilt s

I have zero interest in hub motors.

2 Likes

You should state that’s the only one you know of. Otherwise you’re basically saying that everyone here with a YouTube creator account is a fake sellout

3 Likes

Wow I love hub motors why what’s your reasoning is it torque /the look /explain please?

3 Likes

I hate them personally cus there is no comfort or wheel change ability.

1 Like

It wasn’t one too the 5 hat I was inquiring about. I like to be able to change out with many wheels options. Hub motors are too limiting in that regard and the ride is usually more firm/harsh.
Enertion is also out of business so there’s that too.

1 Like

Really? Jason is still selling unities with the enertion logo on them :thinking:

1 Like

No that’s not what I’m saying at all. It’s just that many of the reviews don’t evaluate the specs and data that I’m looking for. Many people may look for you tubers that just say “wow, this board is awesome, so much torque and top speed, the range is great”. That’s fine for many but when I’m trying to evaluate a new purchase I like to see motor specs, battery specs and more specifically 0-100m and 0-200m times. I like the gut test he does too. This is just my opinion. I’m no saying everyone with a you tube creator account is a fake sellout just many don’t show the information I’m seeking.
The you tuber I mentioned covers that and more in his reviews.

6 Likes

My first board was a Black Carve, has 200 miles on it and it’s still perfect. I wanted more power and got into DIY.

With that said I would recommend looking at the Demon 2.0 as well as the Unknownboards M5.

As for the Demon, it has legit motors ( Torquey 6374s), I use them on a DIY build. VESC based, and rocks 21700 cells. Can be setup for street or AT. On top of that, all of those parts can be used in your own DIY when ready.

The M5 is a new brand, however once a list of components is released (maybe already have) I’d be willing to bet that it has a lot of the same perks as the Demon.

Edit: I’d be looking for something that doesn’t have proprietary components since a lot of companies seem to come and go. Something like the Demon, if they stop supporting or ends up out of warranty, you could find a replacement part on here.

6 Likes

I would say the m5 looks great but wait for a 21700 version

3 Likes

Fair point!

1 Like