Tomiboieks8 Deck + enclosure designs are here!!!

I’ve got two long decks coming that I’m extremely excited about. One is an MTB deck that I’ve been riding and refining. It’s double-concaved with a 35/25 degree nose/tail angle. The construction is bamboo/carbon-fiber/fiberglass.

I’m also working on a long drop-deck. The drop will be 1 3/4" and there will be an option to cut holes for drop mounted-trucks. It will also be double-concaved and the construction will be bamboo/carbon-fiber/fiberglass as well. I’m working on the mold for this one right now. I’m hoping to test it out with a BN 270 set-up.

6 Likes

This last one sounds really really interesting. You have a drawing of it or something? :slight_smile:

1 Like

The drop-deck?

Yes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not quite yet, but I should have a prototype ready by the new year.

3 Likes

i got a fuckin stack of enclosures here. only one i like as much as yours is the eboosted one, that things sturdy as fuck.

1 Like

Thanks man! Those eboosted enclosures are top-grade.

2 Likes

You should see the long enclosure. They have really nice flex and strength. They seal up really nicely too. I ride through water all of the time and I haven’t had any get in.
Mine are pretty reasonably priced. When you add one to your deck on my site, half of the cost is the installation. If you just want a long double-stack with hardware it only costs about $80.

3 Likes

Let me see more of this drop deck! Now. Please!

1 Like

i was test fitting everything to everything last night, seeing what works so i can get more of em. the short one fits the hosoi hammerhead pretty much perfect. iirc id just have to move one set of mounting holes a centimetre or so, dealers choice.
as for water sealing, this one is pretty good, with a wide gasket on the deck it should be good to get wet.

I should be able to show off some pics this weekend. The prototype is almost complete.

1 Like

8 Likes

OOOOOOOOOOOH! It’s so damn sexy!

1 Like

I’m also working on a 38” drop-deck and a 35” MTB.

5 Likes

I’m interested in the big one. I’m a tall fellow. :smiley:

1 Like

It’s definitely roomy.

3 Likes

yeah im messing with the hosoi right now and your short enclosure is a fuckin PERFECT fit for the deck. but the no matter how i line it up it just baaaaaarely blocks 2 mounting holes. -_- im seriously considering making a cutout and just using it. easier and quicker than plugging holes. eh i gotta plug holes anyways, fuck it. for real though, it looks like they were made for eachother.

I was playing around with some cell layouts for the 35" MTB. Pink is 18650s, grey is 22700s

9x6 = 54 cells (18s3p)

11x6 = 66 cells. This would make sense if the enclosure was double stack and slanted, then you’d have 18 7P groups, or 12 10P groups.

3x20 = 60 cells. Perfect for a 12s5p :smiley: But it is probably too wide :frowning:

2 Likes

Would I be able to purchase that drop deck in plain wood. Without any coating?

1 Like

@rusins Here are some pics to give you an idea of what I’m working on.

The depth is 32mm.

@EreTroN 100%. I’m happy to make blanks of different thicknesses. I’ll also do different levels of finish. For instance, you may want me to do fiberglass on the bottom but leave the top naked so that you can skin it with graphics. I’ll do custom colors as well.

9 Likes