Tomiboieks8 Deck + enclosure designs are here!!!

I’ll see if I can find one. It’s slightly concave.

1 Like

Woooot! I want it baby!!! That MTB deck might be my 100 mph deck :eyes::face_with_monocle::crazy_face:

3 Likes

What happened to the shorter MTB deck version? :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

I’m still working on the enclosure for that one. I can make it without the enclosure. If you want one let me know. The deck + enclosure design will be done early in the new year.

1 Like

As long as it’s coming, I’m happy :+1:

Since it’s shorter, will it have 4 smaller compartments, or 3 full sized ones, each holding 16 21700 cells? Just wondering if I should buy a top mounted esc enclosure while they’re on sale :upside_down_face:

I’m going to do two enclosures. The double stack will have three compartments. Each will hold 32 cells. The single stack will just have one big compartment. It’s intended for pre made packs.

1 Like

There is about 0.5” of concavity.

9 Likes

I would certainly be honored to have one of my decks on a death-wagon like that :smiling_imp: I saw your order. It’s getting pressed today.

5 Likes

Thank you!!! So exited! :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

3 Likes

Thats great! Thanks

3 Likes

I’d like to blather on about some of the decks that I just added to my site. I have two new MTB decks + enclosure designs. They’re based on the same mold and they have the same shape, but different construction.

The bamboo-fiberglass design is pretty straight forward. 8 ply of bamboo including 2 cross-cuts with a 10 oz layer of fiberglass across the bottom. It’s a great deck, strong and stiff with a good flex pattern.

Before I go on about the second deck, I have to mention that I have been a consummate nay-sayer when it comes to using carbon-fiber on skateboards. It doesn’t really help cut weight when it comes to something as small as a skateboard. Additionally, it costs a lot of money and takes extra time to apply nicely. It looks really cool, but if that’s all it is good for than it’s not worth the money.

Regardless, I wanted to play with thick layers of carbon-fiber combined with bamboo to see what the result was. I made a different prototype for a build I did using a carbon-fiber base-layer and I like the result. For a stiff board with a touch of flex it works out nicely.

For the bamboo/ carbon-fiber deck I started with 7 layers of bamboo including one cross-cut that I put near the top. Then I added a layer of 19.4 oz CF cloth to the bottom. After that I did a 10 oz fiber-glass layup on both the top and bottom. The result is a deck with the great flex pattern of bamboo and the multi-directional strength and tension of carbon-fiber. The fiberglass further strengthens the deck while also making the carbon-fiber look super 3D.

11 Likes

Also, The Black Friday sale is over, but I still have a launch sale going until December 31st. Just enter the Code LAUNCH at check-out to get 15% off all deck + enclosure systems :metal: :hamburger: :sloth:
Shop - Deck + Enclosure - tomiboiesk8

3 Likes

Hello sir, seems like the choo-choo is a popular deck. Any plans on a 31-inch MTB?

isn’t esk8 on the backburner for you?

4 Likes

Lel

I’m really loving that new profile pic on you, poast :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I wouldn’t say popular at all. 30 decks ever made and i reckon i’ve probably only seen 10 of those built out…

Not sure how that qualifies as popular

2 Likes

maybe it’s a popular wishlist item at his club

6 Likes

31” is too short for me, when it comes to MTB decks. I have a 35 inch deck in the works.

2 Likes

7 Likes