Tomiboi Esk8's official sales thread: Products and projects

Are they stuck? I just use brute strength and hammers… maybe an angle-grinder if shit gets real.

3 Likes

Take all the bolts out lf the hub and then slowly inflate the tire. The pressure will split the hub pieces apart and you should be able to work one of the pieces out.

1 Like

Not necessarily stuck. The bead is really tight so pulling the hub off takes a lot of effort.

2 Likes

This type of rim can also be tapped out from the back. Just suspend the tire back-side-up between two things with only the tire rubber touching the things. Then tap on the bearing seat with something until the front comes out. The back should be easy to remove after that.

1 Like

There is something called a bone tool (just a piece of plastic) you can get from bike shops for like a buck, its really good for getting tires off

There’s a tapered pry bar that’s good for getting a gap between the tire bead and hub rim, and a hooked end that you hook over the rim and drag around the edge to displace the tire, and it’s soft so its non-marring

2 Likes

Lol I do have some didn’t think to try using them. I still have 3 wheels to go so will give it a shot. Will also try a mallet and propping up just the tire to bang out the hub.

1 Like

Careful when beating the shit out of them, they have a tendency to bounce all over the place

1 Like

They work out nicely with MBS tires.

5 Likes

Is that a t1 or t2? It looks nice stretched like that

1 Like

I believe this is a t3. I’d like to try out a few of trampa’s 8” off-road tires to see how they stretch.

2 Likes

I have been wanting a set for so long…

But I so desperately need to stop buying parts…

But these look great and it’s almost my birthday so i sent it.

Pumped to try them on the Khymera with 7 inch evolves.

5 Likes

I had a. Epic battle with my kaly hellcat wides and 8 inch Kenda’s the other day.

Tire lube, little tire tools and finesse is what worked for me.
Half hubs I use skate wheels to push through.

3 Likes

HAHAHAHA… lol. Yeah, I know how that goes. Thanks for the order. I should be able to get them in the mail today.

2 Likes

The way I justified it is that you are actually saving me money since I will stop drulling over 400 dollar wheels for a minute…

3 Likes

Buy once cry once?

4 Likes

God that is a terrible philosophy to have :rofl:

Gonna get into trouble thinking like that - I’ll end up with 5 builds that haven’t been started rather than 3

Got hubs installed.

Looking dope.

2 Likes

14 Likes

I hope they work out for you. I’ve received nothing but good feedback so far.

2 Likes

Well.
The first 11 miles were nothing but good vibes.

And again… I am stoked on the look.

8 Likes