Tomiboi Esk8's official sales thread: Products and projects

7” Evolve tires stretched out easily. Very little stiffness in the sidewalls compared to Hota and BKB tires. What I really need now are those Land Surf RS tires.

7 Likes

Hows the bearing tolerance and the wear over time on these?

1 Like

The bearing seat is still pretty much the same on mine, but time will tell. The fiberglass in the nylon should keep the bearing seat in good shape far longer than just nylon or plastic alone.

4 Likes

Chucked my 8 inch roadies on the Tomiboi Hubba hubs. Tad more contact patch and slightly smaller diameter than when on MBS hubs.

9 Likes

Thanks for picking up a set. Let me know how they work out for you.

1 Like

I’ve been fartin’ around with 3-links and the Odashi deck. I made a 3D printed extension to size things up. To get the Xcell RS tires to work out I only needed to make a 35mm extension in the front in order to get a full-lean. Nothing was necessary in the back

The I tried out these 200 x 75 tires that I really like with the same extension. I got wheel bite. I haven’t made new extensions yet, but I think I’ll need a total of 45mm in the front and 15mm in the back.

@dskate

15 Likes

those tires do not stretch well :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah, those hotas are just too small, theres no sidewall to flex outwards

Looking so sick!

2 Likes

7” might be the sweet spot here. Ill be ordering in the next few weeks.

3 Likes

7" would probably work with just the 35mm in front. 8" tires ride a little high too. I feel like I’m on an AT deck.

2 Likes

Yeah, thinking 7” will be a nice compromise here. Thanks for doing these mockups. Really appreciate it.
100% going with the ODASHI for the build

4 Likes

What’s the easiest way to remove tires off of hubs?

Are they stuck? I just use brute strength and hammers… maybe an angle-grinder if shit gets real.

3 Likes

Take all the bolts out lf the hub and then slowly inflate the tire. The pressure will split the hub pieces apart and you should be able to work one of the pieces out.

1 Like

Not necessarily stuck. The bead is really tight so pulling the hub off takes a lot of effort.

2 Likes

This type of rim can also be tapped out from the back. Just suspend the tire back-side-up between two things with only the tire rubber touching the things. Then tap on the bearing seat with something until the front comes out. The back should be easy to remove after that.

1 Like

There is something called a bone tool (just a piece of plastic) you can get from bike shops for like a buck, its really good for getting tires off

There’s a tapered pry bar that’s good for getting a gap between the tire bead and hub rim, and a hooked end that you hook over the rim and drag around the edge to displace the tire, and it’s soft so its non-marring

2 Likes

Lol I do have some didn’t think to try using them. I still have 3 wheels to go so will give it a shot. Will also try a mallet and propping up just the tire to bang out the hub.

1 Like

Careful when beating the shit out of them, they have a tendency to bounce all over the place

1 Like