to be or not to be 16s

Pouch cells, two together in one plastic case from a automotive application.

2 Likes

:sweat_smile:
6th time’s the charm?

1 Like

may i ask which motors youre running on 16s?
im planning a 16s build too and right now im looking for nice motors for my mountainboard build

KR and thx very much

1 Like

I was originally going to use Maytech 6880 180kv motors, because I figured that a 33% speed increase would be fine (they used to have a 210kv model I believe), especially if I set my max duty cycle current limit start to a low value for safety. But then I heard good things about some upcoming motors, and planned my build around 8mm shafts instead. Still waiting for them to be released so I can buy a pair…

ok got it thx very much
do you know which dimensions those mototrs will have?
im trying to get some infos for the parts i need to buy for my build

ah ok tht sounds nice those are also maytech motors?

Nope

nvm just saw your post before
now im really interested :slight_smile: thx very much for the info

Any approximate date for release?
Ok then ill definetly go for a 8mm shaft too

Can anybody explain why a 12s build on the 3d servisas calc gives me more torque with the same settings as a 16s build?
I dont get it???

Because it calculates torque based on gearing, motor kv, and motor current. It estimates motor current by dividing your motor wattage by voltage. So if you increase the voltage, it’ll think your motor can do less amps. So feel free to increase the wattage proportionally if using a motor rated at 12s.

And yes, you should do similar math when comparing old motors and the new shiny high voltage rated ones that people will be using more and more of.

ahhh ok tht explains it thx again man!!

im going to make a 16s mountainboard build with the ubox and to be on the safe side regarding the motors ill go for APS 8085s 130KV (maybe ill go higher) which are rated for 15s (etoxx 1:5 gear drive)
so i think to be on the save side for now bigger motors are a good way to go on higher Volt setups.

Maybe future motors will handle those high voltage setups better

Totally agree with you i also dont wanna swap out motors frequently because they cant handle the amps and get too hot.

For me the point why i want to do a 16s4P setup is tht i get mass of torque and still can run this thing up to nearly 60kmh (228 mudplugger wheels)

Pls correct me if im wrong im not tht experienced in eskating im just writing down my thoughts on this.

KR

1 Like

I’m mainly interested in faster charging and more efficient power delivery. These damned boards are fast (and quick) enough.

4 Likes

yeah man totally agree my knees get wobbly at 60 and the fear sweat starts flowing :wink:

But ill definitely tell you how the Ubox worked out for me if this thing holds up its a real nice deal for bucks

1 Like

did you do you build ?

Yepp its done
I finished it last week and now im fine tuning it

The 16s setup is really nice i have lots of torque and can go up to 60kmh (i never did)
Right now i need to balance my wheels and add a stiffer setup in the back as im getting wobbles at 40kmh

3 Likes

Very nice !
What are the datas ? Motor and VESC temps ?
Consumption ?

I only have this tracking right now
We made a uphill tour in a mountain here in austria
The motors were just slightly warm and ubox had 37degree as far as i can remember from the real life data of the app (it was not a hot day) the heat sink seems to work well

I think you need to double the wh because the bluetooth dongle only records one side of the ubox

1 Like