Thoughts on Flipsky VX1

I just did plug and play in uart mode and it works great. I never tried it on ppm nor have I played around with the uart settings.

1 Like

@mackann your running them on unitys meaning you can’t run them in uart mode only in ppm correct?

Personally ppm felt more responsive. Idk what responsiveness translates to in terms of throttle curve or acceleration.

I think you’d be pleased with the ppm throttle feel. I use a flipsky 4.2 Plus so it was pretty much plug and play as well.

1 Like

I’ve been rocking the vx1 for about 2 months in my current daily driver and I’m super pleased with it in uart mode so I have no reason to switch to ppm and I also like having reverse.

1 Like

Only run them in PPM, have not tried uart so not sure if it works with Unity on uart.

2 Likes

Damn man you just sold me a Flipsky remote. You have skills as sales man :grin:
Do you remeber which battery is used originally? So I know what to pick it up.

@Halbj613 did you figure it out if they are legit the one from UK?

Yes received today with quick shipping time and they are legit flipsky product for a sick price

3 Likes

Is the one from Rome, Italy right? Those are the only one I found it on ebay.

Yes that is right just make sure it has the right receiver

You can see by a picture later on the what receiver it is

well I guees the only difference is the UART configuration between vesc 4 and 6, not a big deal swat the pins anyway. Tx and Rx are inverted between 4 and 6.

I really like the one I have. I am used to the mini RC remote on most of my builds.
I like the soft finish and the throw.
I really like the battery light function.
I have not really paid attention to the battery life. with the mini RC remote you almost never have to change the double a batteries. So charging a remote is a bit of a hassle for me.

I am pondering getting 4 more for my other builds. I need to try it with winter gloves to see how that feels.

I have not really used the different speed modes.
I have not and will probably not use cruise control.
I have it set up as PPM so can;t do reverse. I would likely need that.

1 Like

I could not figure out what the advantage of using in uart vs PPM. I don’t want reverse, so I just set mine up PPM…

well I gues UART gives all the info on the board battery. Or those functions work as well?

I don’t think that is the case. you have to have the one little cable hooked up to the battery cable. I get battery levels in PPM mode.

1 Like

ah ok cool. then no need of the UART at all. Thx

Bought it! Thanks guys

1 Like

The only thing i really want is cruise control :smiley:

Haha thanks, thats my daily job so fun to hear :joy: I sell elevators.

Original is 500 mAh, I installed 850 mAh.

3 Likes

I bought it immidiately!

Good I have some 850mAh I was using with Firefly remotes. Maybe they will fit. Classical rectangular one for drone

Can anyone who have used this remote tell me how it feels compared the an exway x1 remote? Does it have the same fit and finish? and the throw on the wheel is about the same?