Thoughts on Flipsky VX1

Have not held a VX2 yet, how much more are we talking? 1.5x? 2x?

2x.
I like the feel of the vx1 wheel better (they both feel like cheap, Chinese thumbwheels), but the vx2 definitely gives you a wider input range, which is nice on more powerful boards.

1 Like

I just switched to the VX2 from VX1 this weekend. I agree. I don’t prefer the longer throw on the brake side though. I have big hands, and was surprised how much reach it took for full pull lock to lock. I’m not sure that the screen is worthwhile to me. I haven’t figured out how to read it while cruising, but the indicator was easy to monitor on the VX1.

1 Like

Also, two rides on the VX1 and it was dying. 18 miles yesterday on the VX2 and I couldn’t tell it was used.

1 Like

The only thing I hate is that it’s in China, how long did it take to arrive to USA?, I rather buy it from a seller in USA

It took me a couple weeks to have it shipped to Singapore, but in the US i’d estimate 3 or 4 weeks?

1 Like

Ordered mine through Amazon Prime. HLG Tech was the company. They have a traditional website. Came two days later.

Sorry, was HGL Tech

2 Likes

Would you share the link?

HGLTECH Flipsky Electric Skate Board Longboard VX2 Colorful Screen 2.4G Wireless Remote Pro (for V4) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X22L266/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Npa0EbBPWR2DR

And just saw that they are out of vesc6 version. Maybe I got the last one last weekend.

Looks like it’s still available on their website hglrc.com

@Trampa is it safe to use HFI mode on standard 4.12 hardware like TB vescs or Flipsky or Maytech and the like? I know those kinds had problems running FOC in the past.

Sorry @eboosted didn’t realize you were responding to the battery post. My bad.

1 Like

Is there any reasons to use PPM over UART or vice versa with the vx1?

PPM all functions except Reverse
UART all + Reverse.

PPM = dual Receiver/Split PPM, doesn’t take your UART port.
UART = Uart

1 Like

? PPM control modes offer several reverse options? what am I missing?

This reverse is the vx1s own reverse. It works even if you have your vesc only set to “Current no reverse with brake”

1 Like

hmm. if vesc remote is set to “current no reverse” you can still send uart messages that will make it reverse. weird. i wonder what’s going on there.

and thats what the vx1 receiver makes when used in UART.

PPM not. PPM is what you sent your mode to.
Uart too + the dynamic reverse.

I have the feeling its just inverting direction and not more.

Yeah, I get the diff between serial communications sending arbitrary vesc messages and ppm signal sending encoded throttle position.

but what I don’t get is if there’s a vesc remote uart mode, and it has current vs current no reverse. then it’s expecting messages that allow it comply with those modes. so what exactly is vx1 sending that would bypass the current no reverse mode. bit of a deeper puzzle for me. I should finally go figure out the message protocol in the vesc codebase one day.

thinking about it a bit further. I guess the vx1 could not be acting like a vesc remote. and instead sending the same messages a master vesc sends over can … which I think are duty cycle commands. in which case … I guess it all makes sense. but then other vesc_remote things presumably wouldn’t work like smart reverse. hmm. clearly more to learn here.

1 Like

Throttle intensity is sent through normal ways. No reverse means that the vesc decides to not reverse when thumb wheel goes backwards, smart reverse is still the vesc deciding at what intensity and speed reversing starts.
Remote in uart mode can send a reverse command to the vesc through channel “z” as it is called. This is not affected by the “no reverse” function, it just stops being able to go forward

1 Like