This company is worse than apple

ANDROID is a linux build… jesus.

I feel you, just the advantages of having waze when i travel.

I love my onewheel. It’s an XR. But I don’t like the way FM has/is heading.

1 Like

Technically sure, it’s based on a modified version of the linux kernel. But it lacks the GNU part of “GNU + Linux” or “desktop linux” as people tend to call it nowadays. So it’s quite far from being the free, open source, user first OS people have come to love and appreciate.

1 Like

I didn’t try lately but i could run linux commands on the console years ago. After a while, manufacturers started locking stuff and i was wasting tons of time unlocking them, it kinda became like the iphone. I then decided i was tired of fiddling with my phone so i stopped playing with it. These days, i just want something that works so i can concentrate on all my other projects. :slight_smile: I would NEVER ever buy an Apple product though, i still want to decide on the little things like choose my launcher, where i put my clock on the main page, run widgets and fix my phone when and how i feel like.

1 Like

Their anti right to repair is just horrible. We really need right to repair laws passed.

4 Likes

Simply stop buying or using products from those companies.

4 Likes

I wish it was that simple. You can’t get the whole community to stop buying from FM. I wanted a onewheel, so I bought a used one with older hardware to stay away from FM. When somebody wants a product, they WILL purchase it since there is no alternative. The Onewheel is such a unique product. It’s portable, decently fast, and good on and off road, nothing really like it. I bought mine because I needed something to get around the college campus that was portable and also useful in many scenarios.

1 Like

I do the same things and haven’t bought any FM products.

2 Likes

How do you do it? Portable all terrain vehicle, hands free, good range, durable, — name one other than a onewheel.

1 Like

Look at my build threads. Also you probably don’t need all-terrain on a college campus; they’re typically designed with extensive sidewalk networks. Plus, Onewheels are difficult to carry, even with a handle. You can also make your own vehicle.

1 Like

Yes you’re absolutely correct about not needing AT on a college campus. But AT could save your butt and is a more comfier ride for me. To each their own, but I appreciate the input and other perspective.

3 Likes

A lot of EUCs qualify for all those things. I know people here don’t like them.

1 Like

I just like the traditional skateboard stance, one foot in front of the other.

It is. If you don’t agree with a company’s ethics, don’t buy their products.

If there is nothing else available like it, go without or make something of your own that does the same job.

Pretty simple.

6 Likes

Euc’s are great just not as much as road mountain boards :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :rofl: :rofl: My euc is collecting dust.

Yeah I agree, the stance on an esk8 or OW is better but it is a thing I am willing to sacrifice.

It all depends on what you need. I like my EUC as great allround transportation. Asphalt, gravel, MTB tracks and the supermarket

Mountainboards would be great in rough terrain with a lot of hills

Small short deck esk8s are useful on campus.

Everyone should juat respect other people’s choices (most do) and instead of “hating” on each others rides we should “hate” companies that ignore right to repair.

5 Likes

We might be brothers from another mother.

That’s precisely how I feel.

1 Like

I exclusively run my “mountain board” on the street. But yeah an euc is much more potable, I can’t bring my board anywhere if I’m not on it :rofl:

I skateboard. I have been skateboarding since I was 6 or 7. I will be skateboarding until I am incapable of doing so. I love all skateboards, but I think shortboards are the most fun. Longboards, when electrified, obviously offer less range anxiety, but shortboards are nimble as hell, and so theyre more fun to me. I don’t unicycle, and so I don’t want to learn my way around an euc. They look scary to me. Onewheels look like really fun toys, but not such a good actual mode of transportation. Range isn’t the best, and you can’t kick it home, or drag it behind you. Scooters are for dorks. Ive never liked riding bikes.
But I’m not even a teeny tiny bit worried about what anyone else enjoys riding. As long as you can keep up, I’ll ride with ya.
But right to repair? That’s the good shit. Void my warranty if you want. I don’t give a shit. Bricking your device because you might have attempted to modify or repair it is straight garbage, and you can try and hide it behind whatever fallacy you want, I’m still gonna smell it.

5 Likes