Third Annual CarvePDX 2023! August 11-13th + Extended Camping Trip Aug 14-16th

Fun fact: @longhairedboy has been mistaken for a lady 4 times in 2 trips to Portland.

Clearly not a bad thing, the man just has nice hair. Risking it all by being the only chick there.

9 Likes

It could get down pretty cold in the shade and at night.

Sometimes feels like 15Ā° at night at speed.

5 Likes

itā€™s true. And thatā€™s just in Portland. It happens everywhere though. I rarely sit with my back to the kitchen in restaurants because of the impact the realization of my gender has on the wait staff. Iā€™m never the one embarrassed, itā€™s always them making a scene by tripping all over themselves to apologize when they donā€™t even realize Iā€™m not insulted. Itā€™s amusing as hell, and it goes well with a nice blonde ale.

butā€¦ I have some terrible, even tragic news. I wonā€™t be able to make it to Carve this year. Thereā€™s a scheduling conflict I canā€™t get around, my girl is going to Europe with her mom and sister (momā€™s getting up there in years and may not be able to do it if they wait longer, so its kind of important) and theyā€™ve been planning it since last year so everythingā€™s locked in. Iā€™ve been trying to find a sitter for my 8 year old for the two week period while I would be gone since May but that has proven impossible for various reasons. Even my mom is booked up with bullshit so she canā€™t do it.

So Iā€™ll have to wait until next year. Iā€™ve given the necessary ultimatums to keep anyone from planning things in August ever again. This is the first and last time I wonā€™t be there, and Iā€™m mad as hell about it. Rest assured Iā€™m making dead sure that my not going to Carve is having the desired negative effect on everyone around me.

6 Likes

Jesus you might as well serve the divorce papers

1 Like

Just look at these braids

Screenshot_20230705-172500__01

PTO IS ON THE CALENDAR, and the lacroix is packed in the big yellow van.

Iā€™m ready to model shoulders

no broken bones this year guys.

Im Super Cereal Al Gore GIF - Im Super Cereal Al Gore South Park GIFs

8 Likes

Heads up for carve pdx first timers - bring bright flashlights and visibility clothing for night rides. They are fun as fuck, but you NEED lights

5 Likes

Wait your redember isnā€™t gonna be done yet?

2 Likes

For bad advice, youā€™ll be fine if you can stay in the group. Even during the cemetery. Just donā€™t let the ghost catch ya :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

@Skyart is working on finalizing all the electronics, but there were some delays in the name of science.

Iā€™m vanning / climbing in Canada for a few weeks, so I wonā€™t have a chance to do the final assembly before Carve.

Would have loved to have the 44 built in time for carve, but the Lacroix is a great ride too.

1 Like

Assemble and test run it at carve :joy:

I wish man. Deck/enclosure/esc/battery/charger with SKP - trucks/wheels/remote/misc in the bay area - me in Canadaā€¦ not gonna happen this year.

1 Like

i can do it

this is an interesting idea. letā€™s see when the ESCs are ready and then talk. nothing can happen until the deck/enclosure/esc/battery is back in Sunnyvale.

2 Likes

Artem could just mail it to me to bring it down.

1 Like

100x THIS

Portland gets dark as fuck at night

6 Likes

Iā€™ve only been to two of the Portland group rides while I was visiting there a year ago, but yeah you definitely need lights for the sections that donā€™t have street lights like Mt.Tabor. Also I think I met you Jackson, you were on the Rocinante :slightly_smiling_face: I remember I had to turn back halfway up Mt. Tabor because I ran out of battery on my zealot :rofl:

4 Likes

If it was the Rocinante thats definitely me! Are you still moving to Portland? Very very happy to have more esk8ers here, especially DIY :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I am! My plane leaves on the 19th of this month, super excited to be there.

3 Likes

i love right next to artem :grin:

3 Likes