thinking about going lipo

Same. Had a 12s pack and 3 cells died and/or become puffy. Rode on them for about 100miles.
Took them out, now only running 9s. Building a Molicel p42a 10s3p pack soon

2 Likes

What was your cut offs?

2 Likes

3.5/cell min

2 Likes

Too low. Were you discharing through the BMS?

2 Likes

No. Took them out everytime I needed to charge and charged through a Lipo balance charger

1 Like

Ok. 3.5v is already too low even if the cells were discharging equally. But if you are relying on the vesc cut off, that means one cell might have gone to 3.4 while another is at 3.6 and you think that all your cells are at 3.5v but thats not the case.

Once Lipos go below 3.55/3.6v, they start to unbalance rapidly and thats probably where you damaged them.

1 Like

Just leaving this here. I dunno why people are taking their Lipos down to under 3.6v.

3 Likes

look like pic won’t load? or is it just me :joy:

anyway, i found it:

2 Likes

Have 2 13Ah 6s lipos for 12s, cut off at 45v and have seen ~12 miles. Still have good charge left but afraid to push it more seeing how this is my first lipo pack. I still don’t know the max range I’ll be getting.

1 Like

Just you :rofl: no, I had to click on it a few times for it to show up on the forum page.

Edit: maybe because he edited it :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Whats the voltage after 12 miles? I am really curious. Is this the Lipos you bought recently?

1 Like

actually the link to the website threw some error at me, so i guess the website doesn’t like HK IP address to visit :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Yeah, just bought them, the Ovonics. When I end my ride I’m showing from 46.5 - 47ish volts

1 Like

Here is another one.

3 Likes

Still didn’t load (on the forum) click on it and takes you there.

Thats pretty nice. So you have around 55-60% battery left. Even if you left 10% battery as spare, you will get atleast 22ish miles. What were you getting from the old 10s5p 35e from 100-0% ?

2 Likes

About 11 miles at most :joy:

1 Like

:roll_eyes: How old was the battery? What was the mileage when it was new?

1 Like

Don’t know, I bought it used from a guy on forum. He said it had about 50 cycles on it but for $150? I needed to ride😋

1 Like

:joy: Whats your charging solution for the Lipos now?

1 Like