Thing1/ 1st(good)build /vesc6 /dual 6355 /12s5p

Do you know shipping time

When you measured with the idlers did you have the idlers open as far as possible? Or all the way down?

1 Like

It’s based in Germany and I expect, that the shipping time will be about 5 days to London.
But before you order from them measure the exact length.:slightly_smiling_face:
They cut it to size and then they ship it to you. They have Contitech, Gates, Megadyne, Optibelt, Strongbelt in stock. They choose a brand, what is in stock.

THe idler is thin as it can go

It is as far toward the middle of the mount as possible

Man… you young kinds woukd save yourself so much trouble if you took the time to READ (fuck I sound old). In my defense, I was that 10 year old asshole who read the instructions while everyone else just tried to figure it out. Seriously though, we have all sorts of problems that have been solved, hidden away amongst two different sites (one obviously way cooler than the other). I still go to enertion.builders when I can’t find an issue here because chances are someone has had my problem and fixed it.

And for the record, I really thought you were trolling when I saw those pictures of your belt… I mean really??? Couldn’t you have just looked at any of the belt drives and noticed the huge difference. You are basically driving on a flat tire and wondering why the car feels weird

5 Likes

First thing popped in my head when I saw his belt video.

7 Likes

I would definitely measure the other way around.
If the belt is the same length as a maximum tension you won’t really have any room for adjustment.

1 Like

This thread has been an interesting read.

Ok. Adjust the idlers so that they are in the middle of their adjustment range. Then repeat the string trick and lets see how long you need the belts to be.

Then you need to go to bearings r us and order your belts

https://www.bearingsrus.co.uk

That belt video… amazing.

4 Likes

so i got the belts the other day and they fitted my 32t pulley not the 40t one

then the lcd battery display broke today so everything is going wrong

decided that i will have to do this

:man_facepalming:

7 Likes

@Halbj613 After all that help? You’re almost done. Wow…
@BillGordon That’s the spririt!:rofl:

5 Likes

i just dont have the time energy or money to carry on wasting on a board which just isnt working for me

i hope to trade these parts for a working board and then start thinking of a new game plan for my next build which hopefully will go down much better

just really want to get back into riding again

Didnt the belts fit?

You should be able to ride, can you not?

1 Like

things just keep going wrong the battery display now broke and things just aren’t going right

Guy broke battery lcd and quitting :man_facepalming: … I went through 5 focboxes (connected, motor test, Mosfet/drv exploded) and still going… Yesterday in Paris event I burned my rgb setup and 80$ regulator it’s diy u do and learn from u mistakes not everyone gets it from first try perfectly…

10 Likes

read through this thread and you will see why I am quiting

If you message me on the esk8.news discord I’m willing to help you through the last 5% of your build. You are 95% of the way there, it doesn’t make sense to give up now.

2 Likes

just everything I am doing doesn’t end up working out

my two options are selling half my parts and starting again or to trade

As far as I can see your about a tenna from a working build, DM me on the discord.

2 Likes

I’m new here and own a few prebuilt boards and slowly getting parts for my first DIY build. I don’t understand why you’d want to sell your parts to just start building again and perhaps end up in the same drama?

Why not just try finishing this off?
No need to rush its not like your gonna sell or trade and get another board anytime soon.

But who am I to say :wink:
Good luck :call_me_hand:t5:

3 Likes