Thing1/ 1st(good)build /vesc6 /dual 6355 /12s5p

Btw, about breaking limits:

your cells are rated to 4A charge each, so 20A per pack in total. Meaning your battery regen values can safely be 10A on each ESC. Motor limit can be whatever you like (it will be more noticeable at lower speeds), I usually go with the same as my acceleration or a bit more for safety.

However, 20A I find to be a bit week (although it’s what I’m forced to run my week 2p board at). Many people on this forum say that it can safely be 2x as much as your cells are rated to, so if you feel the need, you can definitely raise the regen limits to 20A per ESC, and then remember to break sparingly (except in emergencies) to extend your cell lifetime. But before you do that, check to see what’s the max charging current your BMS can handle, because it will cut out if you give more than its rated for. (Which is really dangerous)

2 Likes

bruh how do you not realize that the belts are wayyy to loose and are skipping… :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

1 Like

not exactly you can go higher as its no continuous current to your battery.

Id say -20A batt per vesc is fine for his pack (40A total)

2 Likes

So I tried with dual idlers Andy still the belt slacked

I send it worth trying to trade those mounts as I want something with a larger amount of free rolling or I send it worth staying with them and just buying a new belt

https://www.bbman.com/belt-length-calculator/

what result do you get here?

How is it not continuous current? In the battery cell engineering world continuous is anything longer than like fraction of a second lol

It doesn’t calculate with an idler pulley

1 Like

try the string trick then.

Well here is what it comes up with for no idler

Huh, if the calculator recommends 395 then I’m really surprised your 400 belt using an idler was too much :confused:

1 Like

I know

So what do you think I should do

you cant move your motor and 395 is nigh on impossible to find.

try the 2nd idler perhaps just to get you riding.

what do you get with one idler with the string trick?

1 Like

There’s a string trick people keep recommending

4 Likes

It’s where you put your pulleys and idlers to where you want them to be, and then run a thread of string around the pulleys and through the idlers (where a belt would be), and when you get to where you started you make a mark with a pen (or just remember the spot). Then you use a ruler to measure the length of the string. That will tell you definitively what belt length you need.

Thats a met police ruler. Back off boys his dads a cop.

11 Likes

Imagine getting arrested by your dad for illegal esk8ing XD

Good thing it’s a legal grey zone in the UK

3 Likes

Germany sucks at the laws.

1 Like

I first need to find a piece of string then I will test out my belt length

Thing is with 2 idler the belts are so close to touching that with any acceleration they just go and hit each other

Will do string and 1 idler tomorrow

tenor

8 Likes