The "Why Can't" Thread

I do the extension cord trick if I have enough extra length. Not the best for wires but they shouldn’t be under any real tight strain anyway…

3 Likes

But it looks so clean without!

3 Likes

Fun fact the VESC FOC algorithm still manages to work with only two wires plugged in.

Albeit super jank

Also where did you get those cable glands.

2 Likes

They’re pg7 cable glands, lokman brand but they’re all basically the same if it’s also pg7.

4 Likes

Why are DIY remotes with telemetry never with an lifetime odometer? :frowning:

4 Likes

Mate, just had another heatsink around the connection once your sure :wink: :+1:
Do it on all connection you make with bullet.
It works from yrs on my builds! Lockedproof !!

1 Like

Dear @Battosaii @BillGordon , imo, at the begining the purpose of the crowdfunding was to support individual innovators who has some valuable prototype and do not have enough budget. Then if there was success in the campaing the innovator would;
*gather some budget to build a team to innovate more
*gain popularity to achieve sustainability
*get investors attention for some real investments
The system was so helpfull…

But then, as you ve mentioned, big companies with big budgets came into play and ruined that system, with putting the risk of R&D on the shoulders of the customers without risking any of their own!

5 Likes

:arrow_up: So much this. Crowdfunding as a concept has basically been ruined because it’s not practical to accomplish anymore.

Not unless you could somehow vet that each fund has been created by an individual with little or no business experience and that they are in no way backed by a large corporation… which as-of now isn’t really possible.

3 Likes

@b264 you might be right… But it really hurts to see that the community people do not believe in crowdfunding anymore…

2 Likes

@bourbon_norm Man I tried it and it worked !! Yeyy… But wait a minute… Damn, its too late, I am married…

1 Like

@DerelictRobot hey dude

2 Likes

He’s right.

Channels go on eMTBs & Street Carvers, not Skateboards.

1 Like

Is the Lacroix a skateboard not a Carver now?

He can be wrong too.

1 Like

why can’t i solder*

*without getting frustrated and taking a blowtorch to it.

8 Likes

Not enough Watts. Also, need “Helping Hands”.

6 Likes

Why can’t axle lock nuts just come with speed rings built on to them?

11 Likes

thanks,
trying with this 100 watt, is this kind of tip ok?
(i’m not going there…)

2 Likes

IDK? As long as you can solder with it I suppose? I use an 80W Arduino based solder iron, but you can get cheaper ones on Amazon for like $20 I think. Also, tip size matters for bigger gauge wires.

2 Likes

The tip is your problem, it doesn’t have much mass mass to store heat, what you need is a powerful iron, as you have, but with a massive tip, copper conducts heat really well, so if your tip is lightweight it cools really fast

3 Likes