The Ultimate track BEAST? what works?

I need to build something Bespoke!

After attending maidenhead evolve event on the weekend it occurred to me i need another DIY board specifically for the track…

Currently i have a Landyatchz Evo and TB218s trucks…
These are not ideal for the tight turns and the high top speed of 38mph is wasted on tight track like this (ideal for group rides and stability at speed but a disadvantage on the track)

Wish List (what i think would work on the track)

• double dropped deck (landyatchz/supermodel) UNKNOWN
  • enclosure for 12s4p and ESC UNKNOWN
  • drop thru double kingpin trucks (ownbaord forged with mounts) from esk8supply
  • 12s4p 30Q from @pjotr47
  • 107 Abec 11 Superflys (genuine not the chippy ones) from bioboards @mackann
  • vx2 remote from @BigBen
  • V6 dual NEObox from @jeffwuneo
  • 6355 or 6374 maytech 190kv motors (depending what fits) from @davdBanner

Whats your opinion on making a track focused board?
What would make the very best track board for you?
What would you change in the list above? and why

2 Likes

I think most of those parts are about right, you want low center of mass and high reactivity for the best control in the corners, but I think you want 5-6" pneumatics so you don’t slide out in corners at speed

4 Likes

Since the same event last month I’ve been having the exact same thoughts about having a track specific board.

6 Likes

Haha cool to see that you guys have finally kart rides. I like the 4WD setup. But do you not think that you will hit the motors in sharp turns?

1 Like

Lets go for 40T or 30T then. It can deliver more amps

I think that you better go for a trampa/MBS setup. Use bindings and you are ready to go

1 Like

Didn’t someone in France smash it with a single 6374. I feel like it’s mainly down to the rider

7 Likes

Yeah I think cardboard, ductape and 6374 :slight_smile:
But if your not a king in the corners extra power on the straight road is always welcome. + with 4wd you have extra braking power so you can brake later then dual drive

7 Likes

Possibly

6 Likes

I don’t know anything about racing on kart tracks but sounds like torque,grip, manoeuvrability must be king

2 Likes

Depends much on the track itself. There are tracks with many corners and not that much straight roads. Then you really need a good amount off torque/acceleration. But sometimes you have speed parts where you easly can hit +35km/h for a short time but then you need strong brakes at the turn.
When taking a sharp turn some less grip is sometimes fine so you can do a small amount off drifting. Kart tracks are real tire eaters
For manoeuvrability are bindings te key to succes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You need torque and hard braking. 30T for the win.
Big motors to handle said amps
Warm rubber for wheels. Stooge
Twisty trucks channels or tkp/dkp
bindings definitely bindings

5 Likes

do 5A make a big difference over the 40t?

1 Like

its 5 amps per parallel cell… so 4p would be an extra 20amps possible

2 Likes

30Q is scary enough fully charged, but i should consider other batteries for sure…

I had one of these as a kid and falling off was devastating because of the straps !! Im not sure i should be doing bindings unless they are open!!

I found the guys on soft urathene said they found it less slippy compared to my bergmeisters… not sure might just be my riding skillz not good enough…

never tried any TKP but because you ahve said i will make sure i try some soon…
The bindings again they are so lethal!!

I was hoping 6355 motors would be more than enough power coupled with the shorter trucks and smaller Diameter wheels for better turning radius(compared to TB218s)

1 Like

All depends on the racing type. Doing some sort of le mans then 40T would be your huckleberry but 30t packs a huge amp punch for the same range as a 30q.

I am thinking along the lines of a track car. Massive power in a light weight nimble chassis.

3 Likes

Tkp over rkp any day if you want sharp turns.

2 Likes

For me I would be using an open binding because crap knees. Freeboard or similar. So you can lift your toes on heelside turns. Make a big difference. Watch the vids and see the trampa guys on turns. All bindings

1 Like

I think that has a lot to do with contact patch. Berg’s are great for low resistance pneumatics but they got a pretty small contact patch when it comes to being a very grippy wheel.

1 Like

So Psycho’s 6x3 is the way to go? Some SR TKP Hex and gear drives with 6396s?

1 Like

Not necessarily.
You’re jumping from one extreme to the other.
You’re going from the narrowest pneumatic to the widest

3 Likes