The Ultimate track BEAST? what works?

On a cart track then I would be going wide as urethane over numies. To get the rolling resistance down then you have to have your tyres so hard you end up with very little contact patch. With wide urethane you have a nice area of grip so long as they are warm. This also depends entirely on the track surface.

You need something in between like a cart tyre. Oh hang on.
stooge race wheels

1 Like

Hey man, if you’re going for thane, I would rock 78mm venom Magnums, with pulleys from @moon. That’s the urethane race wheel that is killing it right now

6 Likes

Shoulda let you ride this. For me it worked really well and @esk8manbabes rides something very similar and I think he does pretty well over in the Belgian/Cloggy cart track?

12 Likes

+1 for TPKs

I would also say AT vs thane is probably a rider to rider thing. Some might like the initial rolling resistance of AT as it’s similar to engine braking, it can help you feather it at the top end of your limits through a turn. Whereas some might find they’re skilled enough through turns to flat out hang on to the edge of a board and slide. Those folks prob should go with thane.

Edit - listen to Moe I know nothing haha

3 Likes

Drop the idea that sliding through a turn is some how faster. Grip is paramount for maintaining turn speed. You are only as good as your contact patch. Thane is no good for grip.

10 Likes

I’d definitely go TKP over DKP if you are looking for a turning advantage over RKP but wish to still maintain stability for the straights. You could even try a TKP up front while keeping an RKP in the rear to see how you like the feel

3 Likes

Anyone ever tried tkps in the front and rkps in the rear?

Dammit kenny

3 Likes

Why TKP over DKP? Shouldn’t DKP have slightly better turning?

Unless by TKP you mean triple kingpin, in which case I support that :joy:

1 Like

I have, it becomes a salom board lol.

Im sure with fine tuning it would be better, but I didnt really like it.

1 Like

I run a split-angle DKP front and 35 degree TKP rear on my street board and I find it awesome in both turning and stability

1 Like

How do they feel at 40mph?

my street board won’t go 40mph hahahahaha 40kph it’d do easily

2 Likes

I was trying to convey that I would choose TKP instead of DKP for a turning advantage over RKP

Things get moving quick on the track lol might not be the best place for DKP. That is, unless it’s a tight short track

1 Like

maybe… we’ll see won’t we!

I also have a Plan B, I’m working on… stay tuned

3 Likes

Bindings are not always the answer… Moja absolutely pulvurised every trampa rider (including the Team Trampa folks) in Paris last year on the AT (underground) track riding a Streetwing P1. It helps knowing how to move and position your feet on the board.

Case in point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xseyi6YfwRc

5 Likes

thats a dam nice board :stuck_out_tongue:

For sure gotta try some other boards and setups. what make are those trucks?
i did love the colour they stand out on the track!!

what deck options and enclosure is the most used for these bigger batteries?

Those trucks are one of a kind at the moment.
Some more testing and in a month we should announce availability.

4 Likes

i hope the announcement comes with an option to buy with some mounts, look forward to seeing more

3 Likes