The Ultimate esk8 calculator - with Force in Newtons

man, seeing the difference between 12s and anything higher really makes me wish i’d gone with a higher voltage setup for my tomiboi build… i feel like my top end is just barely lacking the speed i want

1 Like

@Shadowfax also curious about how hard it would be to add a column for full charge (~4.2v/cell) data

1 Like

You could go for a higher KV motor

3 Likes

Like everything, it depends on your goals.

Are your goals to win a dick measuring contest, to have fun skating, the joy of the build, transportation, or something else?

First one: you lose, zero points awarded.

The rest of them: usually has little effect.

2 Likes

Very easy to add, but I wont get to it tonight.

If you would like to change it in your own calculation, just edit the total voltage formula to use 4.0 instead of 3.6

@haven i would probably use 4.1 or 4.0 as the top speed voltage just because you hit that level pretty much immediately when you start riding.

3 Likes

is 190kv on 12s a huge thermal difference? vs 170

You will trade a little acceleration in favor of more top speed. Depending on how you ride, this might be worth it.

1 Like

The calculator available on our site also estimates your builds power, force. Plots it on a nice interactive chart, against speed and kv (@rusins )

8 Likes

Top speed is confusing in your calculator because it’s not top speed. It’s speed at nominal voltage. You might change that to say “speed at 3.6v/cell” or something like that.

It is a very nice calculator.

I purposely left out torque because it is a confusing unit. Most people think torque is the same as force, and it’s simpler to just present the force value, because that is what we care about really.

I’m not sure your force calculation is correct. Maybe check it against mine and see what doesn’t line up. All my formulas are in the spreadsheet.

8 Likes

Between 190 and 170 nah I don’t think so. And if you get reachers you’ll get even better cooling

2 Likes

i made my specs more accurate :kissing_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

will edit them more in about

3 months ogive or take

i also changed my color scheme to make it more readable in both light and dark mode

1 Like

only running 50 motor amps? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

multiplied by 4 motors, it’s pretty good on power,

i’m on the streak of trying to see how low i can get the settings

2 Likes

nowhere near being fast, but enough to not be slow. Weighing 60 kilos also helps a little with acceleration.

2 Likes

Careful, I heard copium is addictive

2 Likes

This board doesn’t fully exist yet, all I’m waiting on is the ESC…
So theoretically it’ll murder my spine. Nice.

2 Likes

Feeling good about these numbers for my new build. I used the RAMM calculator when I was planning the build. This is cool to be able to see your numbers compared to other boards.

3 Likes

the build ain’t finished so it doesn’t de-throne anyone, but i think Iron Giant will be hard to beat :)))

4 Likes

Damn 350 per side what ESC are you planning to use here?

3 Likes

How is the motor pinion 1 tooth?

1 Like