The Ultimate esk8 calculator - with Force in Newtons

This is the next one, current test sled is with @ARCTIC

1 Like

Edit - just remembered the @Skyart board - I think that is the bar to beat.

Skp magnet :magnet:

2 Likes

Even the current/old one is insane, I can get it to spin the tires at 15mph and on flat ground its almost impossible to go WOT below 20mph without getting thrown off the back so I can’t imagine how nutty the new one will be.

2 Likes

Rayne 42" Demonseed/SKP 12S5P/RT 173kv 6385’s/Stormcore 60D/BN270/BKB 6" pneummies/18:60 ratio

1 Like

Added a range calculator on the right side in case anyone wants to use that. This is a work in progress but I think 70% reduction of total capacity is a reasonable starting place. It will also vary if you have an old pack that you have hammered on for 2k miles, but that is what the reduction factor is for. It’s not perfect, but it’s ballpark.

Suggested by @Skyart

2 Likes

I have updated the “force interpretation infographic”.

4 Likes

I would ask if there is any reward for having the lowest stat, but with my build I can’t even fill in all the boxes :sob: Both because they’re hub motors and also they are completely unmarked and even the source for them didn’t list the Kv or motor amps :pensive:

My planned upgrade and new build are boring and just average so there is no reason to bother digging up the specs to share

That would be my build. Poor thing can start struggling in winds as low as 15 mph and the motors will burn you if you touch them for too long. They won’t immediately burn you if you accidentally touch or grab them at least.

Although the battery is above average compared to off the shelf boards since I slapped a 10s5p battery to replace the two 10s4p china batteries I killed

Edit: a fake internet reward specifically

3 Likes

No rewards here just input what you have/can and have fun with it.

3 Likes

I meant more of a fake one and not anything real. :rofl: Thought that would be obvious given the topic but I added that at the bottom to be clear.

2 Likes

I can feel the loss of acceleration compared to my belt setup, and now I can see it too lol

2 Likes

I’m about to convert my race board to 4wd however I’ll be running smaller motors and amps to the front so I’ve completed two entries. One entry for what I’m running in rear and one entry for what I’m planning to run in the front, then I can add them together :blush:

2 Likes

Small motors and 4wd make so much sense the more I play with the numbers.

6 Likes

Yeah I’m about to experiment with 6385s in rear with higher amps and 6354s in front with lower amps. Hope it works out :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I love that 6354’s are considered small motors now… :smile:

7 Likes

Is it a DIY/VESC based build? You can measure the ERPM in VESC tool and work backwards to kv, or if that’s not an option then a tachometer would work but I don’t think most of us would have one. But given you said you don’t know motor amps I assume it’s not VESC

1 Like

this is awesome, thanks for putting it together!

4 Likes

I want my VESC enclosure to fit too perfectly so it is still running an ESC right now. I could potentially solder on the fatter connectors I have to the motors and check them with the VESC once I switch over to it though. I’d still say it is a DIY build at this point given all the work I’ve put into it and all the part swaps over the last 2.5 years. Surprisingly the motors are the only part that refuse to die :rofl: along with the trucks but everything else has been changed at one point.

also it is my transportation so I didn’t want to take everything apart until all the upgrade parts are 100% ready to be put on. the bottle neck from 90% to 100% is taking longer than expected. The new build will let me work on it and still have transportation once the belts for it actually get shipped to me

I think the motors might be 190 Kv or maybe 190 watts? I just remember that at some point the company changed the motor design they were using completely and that the old versions has 20 more than the new ones which were 170 something. Could be remembering completely wrong though since that was back in late 2020 only 4/5 months after I bought the board. They’ve since purged the specs of the old stuff from their site though :weary:

2 Likes

Thank you for making this calculator! I’m surprised, humbled, confused with my results.

My shortboard did ok but another calculator had me expecting more torque from my Blue Dream.

:thinking: I’m loosing torque chasing speed :thinking:

Your gear ratios are murdering your Force and Acceleration. Up those gear ratios if you want more force.

2 Likes

@Shadowfax sorry to be a fussy but how hard would it be to add top speed to calculator?