The Ultimate esk8 calculator - with Force in Newtons

This board doesn’t fully exist yet, all I’m waiting on is the ESC…
So theoretically it’ll murder my spine. Nice.

2 Likes

Feeling good about these numbers for my new build. I used the RAMM calculator when I was planning the build. This is cool to be able to see your numbers compared to other boards.

3 Likes

the build ain’t finished so it doesn’t de-throne anyone, but i think Iron Giant will be hard to beat :)))

4 Likes

Damn 350 per side what ESC are you planning to use here?

3 Likes

How is the motor pinion 1 tooth?

1 Like

two 75/300

the calc doesn’t account for multiple gear ratios, iron giant uses 3 stage gear ratio ending in a 1:12

2 Likes

What ESC is 210a per side and 21s?

2 Likes

Lmao I was wondering the same

Should this sheet be only real builds?

3 Likes

Need to double check my motor amps but here’s what mine comes out to:

Feels plenty torquey to me, but I’m relatively inexperienced on MTBs.

2 Likes

@JeffyJ I added minimum and top speed cells to the the sheet, and I applied it in everyone’s previous calculations. I used 4.1v and 3.35v, because you don’t really ride at 4.2v for any meaningful amount of time, and 3.35v is where the discharge curve begins to drop off sharply.

3 Likes

@Arzamenable I ran the numbers on your 8 motor drive board.

700 newtons is quite powerful, and 80+ mph makes it one of the fastest boards in the sheet.

1 Like

@Shadowfax petition to change the label “Motor Amps (Per Side)” to read “Motor Amps (Per Motor)” as ‘per side’ becomes confusing for anything other than 2wd.

Second petition (more of a question): would it make more sense to ask for “Battery Amps (Per Motor)” or “(Per ESC)” instead of total? From my perspective it seems like this sheet would make more sense if everything was calculated in terms of a single ESC/Motor, and then multiplied by the number of motors. Thats how VESC handles things (i.e. you set motor amps per motor, battery amps per motor, etc.).

5 Likes

Why are people building these 2kN+ boards? :exploding_head: Unless you weigh 200kg or have race slicks prepped with tire warmers, that thrust will never be accessible.

Good street rubber can have a grip coefficient of 1.2, so the max accessible thrust will be 1.2 x 9.8 x (rider+board mass)

6 Likes

To burn rubber :sunglasses:

2 Likes

This just in, AVS will treat the back straight of the speedway with TrackBite adhesive to let our lightest rider get on the iron giant and yeet a 4g pull into fucking orbit

4 Likes

Becuz mor = merry

2 Likes

Thank you for the suggestions - agree these make sense, and I have updated the calc for both of them.

2 Likes

@Heathlewis I stuck your board numbers in the calculator. Good balance of force and top speed.

I assumed you are pushing that Ubox 100/100 to the max, but let me know if I set amps too high.

3 Likes

Have you seen @Pickled_Monkey 's Iron Giant though? There is nothing within reason going on in this build and I feel like 2kN force is very appropriate :rofl:

8 Likes

I just think it would be funny to have a fake award on here for the worst functional, safe, and reliable build :rofl:

If I wanted a dick measuring contest then I would make my board so bad that it barely worked, but that is clearly not my goal since I do use my board every other day or around that often to get around.

In a real dick measuring contest I would win easily

2 Likes