The ULTIMATE Electric Skateboard Kit

I’m assuming each kit is plugged in, programmed, labeled and then detached.

1 Like

If there is any way to ship it to my country, they will sell great, just need bigger wheels for the conditions of the streets…Great starting price…Might buy one to my daughter in law to go to the University (with bigger wheels of course), congrats…

1 Like

Shipping only in the USA for now due to battery restrictions. Working on that for the main batch.

@M.Hboards exactly what you said

5 Likes

Why do the phase leads need to be labeled? If the motor spins the wrong way, switch 2 around! With the single drive kit you have no idea on which side of the board the customer will be attaching the motor to :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you change phase wires around, it changes the detection settings in the vesc

3 Likes

Just to check though Jared… I’m sure you’ve obviously thought this out but your margin really needs to cover ancillaries like DOA claims, paypal scams, postal scams, items genuinely lost in the mail, people who back out with buyers remorse and the myriad of other crap that comes along with selling to the general public. Which you’ll need to do to turn any kind of profit on these low margin kits.

Not to mention all the time you’re alluding here to build, program, label, manually pack and ship these parts.

I hope you don’t bone yourself here bud.

14 Likes

Because of the motor sensors, or something else? (In before I derail the topic too much)

@rusins from what I’ve read it would render the (in this case) preprogrammed hall detection incorrect. Labeling will make less hassle for the newcomer.

3 Likes

You do if your mounts are made with a left & right version.

2 Likes

I presume that when ordering the single would include an option for regular or goofy. Perhaps Jared can clear that up?
@BuildKitBoards Jared this is a great idea for dipping the toe into the world of esk8 building. I know that @torqueboards has been doing kits for ages but this is a simpler process with plug and play that will attract a lot of people. Good job sir. Hell I might even think about getting one for my youngest. :+1::ok_hand:

10 Likes

That’s a great idea going lego style.
Best of luck with this!

2 Likes

They are awesome arent they, been recommending them to all my friends that want to get into eboarding.

Rode my board to a friends house for him to try it out and I think he is convinced.

We were sliding it around on 90mm Popacas, quite fun actually.

4 Likes

Powered slides? :smiley:

1 Like

More like really crude 180s.

2 Likes

Hehe like my slides? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: @yelnats8j

2 Likes

@BuildKitBoards are you using the anti-spark built-in on the 4.2’s?

I got totaled up $1090 for dual, but its a good deal.

3 Likes

bought a tayto from your website before and paired it with a 12s4p. This kit really would have got me hooked since it comes with fairly high quality pricing whilst also keeping it simple at a competitive price. REALLY WISH THIS WAS HERE BEFORE :sob: keep up the good work and do you think so will be selling enclosures for tayto? (the stock tb enclosures for their v1 12s4p are trash)

2 Likes

These look really good man.

When you add high prices and high learning curves together it really limits the potential market. These will be perfect for getting my friends into this hobby for under $1000 without having them buy garbage, that’s a huge turning point for esk8 in my book.

If these can be reliable it will allow people to get quality components that can grow with their future builds at close to(or the same) as entry level board prices.

5 Likes

Yes, shipping to the conus only for now. Im debating requiring shipping insurance as a 1% add on, so that would be an extra $6 or $7.

Thanks for your concern. These are priced to scale, low margin now, higher margin later. The past 2 years of experience have made the $599 price semi sustainable at current qty, but at larger quantities I dont think there will be any issues. But hey, if I do, who dosnt like a good bone?

There wont be any options for single kits as of now, maybe later. All mounts will be on the left side (with left foot forward, motor is on back heel).

Thank you!

Ahh, not sure yet. @sender may tar and feather me if I dont sell them… just very hesitant to add another SKU

Exactly what im trying to do!

6 Likes