The Talon | 10s5p | Dual 6354 | 6 Inch

You can buy a bluetooth dongle for pretty cheap.

2 Likes

Derp, thanks. Super new to this and very inexperienced.

1 Like

@Oddcomo Would this be ok?

1 Like

Yes, you need an android phone and make sure you select the right vesc (v4 or v6)

1 Like

Thanks. Luckily I have both so shouldn’t be an issue. Gonna try and find one stateside. Don’t wanna pay the DHL shipping for just that.

Welp, the skateshred deck cracked on the top most layer. Grip tape is covering the center but it runs from Drop Through to Drop Through. Safe to assume I over tightened the trucks? Or are these decks known for not lasting under weight and stress.

Do you have a photo of the crack(s)?

1 Like

Here’s the best I can show. Happened while riding.

@b264

1 Like

Very strange. It’s at the base of each drop through, and on the tail by the motors. Any thoughts ?

That looks like bamboo, in which cracks along the grain are pretty common. Shouldn’t impact anything if it’s only one layer though.

2 Likes

Ok that’s not to alarming then. It’s canadian maple if that matters at all according to the website.

The middle might be canadian maple, but the top and bottom most certainly aren’t. You can easily see the spotted grain from the side, and the imperfections where the ridges normally are. Maple ply looks more like what you’d expect for wood grain, like this.

2 Likes

I agree that the visible outer layers are most certainly more bamboo-looking than maple-looking.

1 Like

Thanks @BenjaminF for the bushings!

My boy and I took it out today to test it for the guy we are making it for :wink:

He was able to heel side and toe side turn with these new bushings. He was super excited that he could do everything all by himself.

Now to dye their color!

4 Likes

You’re welcome dude! Glad your little man likes them :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Your boy got some skills :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Just finished hooking the little man up with a new deck and enclosure.

Shout out to @eBoosted!

8 Likes

Even 12A would be plenty, I weigh at least twice as much as that child and I run my “slow” board at 20A and it’s still plenty good.

made this mistake too, you can ultimately have someone reuse the cells in making you a better pack if you want to upgrade. I had @Skyart reconfigure my 6s2p to a 12s1p. That’s limited to ~20A of current, but twice the voltage.

Good choice

3 Likes

Wow this looks really good, little man is lucky!

2 Likes

He’s running 20 AMPs now and ERPM limited to 10MPH. It’s really great honestly. Keeps it slow and steady. And his range his RIDICULOUS!

Might have to put the Davega on their to get some telemetry but his wh/mile is so low.

It’s definitely not a bad idea. The 6s3p that mboards has is a BRICK. I actually stripped it myself, and saw first hand as to why these packs have the reputation they do. This pack in short time will be removed and recycled.

Thank you, I’m really proud of it, and he loves it.

4 Likes