The Talon | 10s5p | Dual 6354 | 6 Inch

meanwhile im doing 30w/mi D:

1 Like

Same, when I’m by myself I’m doing 30-35 wh/mi on my flux. I reckon he’s doing maybe 5-7 so 30 mile range out of a 6s3p pack :joy:.

2 Likes

Did some more work on the kiddos board, and well now imma cruise it too.

I decided it was time to do the battery and get rid of the MBoards battery.

This is the end result, and I’m pretty happy with how it turned out! Where do I take a 6s3p pack for recycling locally?

Also added some RideNebula Anti Sink Plates as well!

In addition we hooked it up with another motor and an AT Kit.

10 Likes

Battery looks great!

3 Likes

Thank you! This one was a tad more challenging for my 2nd build since I had to cut, trim, and sand each nickel strip.

1 Like

Yeah that battery soo clean.
Would love to get my hands on that transparent heatshrink, could you share your source?

1 Like

Of course, thank @BenjaminF cause he’s the one who found it for me.

2 Likes

Excellent work dude. That’s a board that anyone should be proud to have. A+ dad skills :+1:

5 Likes

Quick Update:

Little homie got a Davega! I might steal this board. I’ve had friend ride my setups and they all prefer this. Production board, Flux, nope they want to ride the Talon.

Haven’t been able to ride much myself but it packs a punch! Range to be determined!

6 Likes

Not gonna lie, I’m jealous of this build. What’s it weigh?

1 Like

Good Question! I’ll weigh it in the morning if I have time. @MrDrunkenMobster

1 Like

Some big upgrades I presume he was wanting more power carefull to upgrade the settings bit by bit as he gets use to it.

6s3p-10s5pish
Single to dule motor

Only think I’d say about the battry is the main + and - are only connected to one part of the nickel. That be your bottl neck. If you build more battery’s you can strip the cable more and use the copper as a buz bar to reinforce it like you did on the series connections. As it is you proberbly good up to 60a ish battry and I cant see the munchkin needing that sort of power for a long time.

Use a bit of ipa on the solder joints ones thay cool to clean up the flux from the solder.

Other than those 2 miner things super solid battery especially for a 1st

1 Like

Which skateshread deck is this? Is it stiff or flexi?

You mean OP’s deck? That is a Subsonic talon, it is a stiff downhill deck. Sadly they don’t make it anymore.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips. I actually already planned to add some stripped wire to the pack pos and neg!

As @BruSkater said it is now a subsonic talon. The build started out on a 36” drop through skateshred deck.

Thanks I get it now. No wonder I like it so much. I’m on a Century 40 myself. I was admiring the angles on the drops. Makes perfect sense now. I was awaiting that skateshread part # to order now! Lol

2 Likes

@BenjaminF I didn’t have anything better to use for measuring the weight apart from my human scale, but it came in at 26.0Lbs on the dot.

2 Likes

Nice, that aint bad at all. I’ve found that a luggage scale works pretty good for weighing esk8’s.

1 Like