Crap I’m waiting for:

Razor SX500
72v 3000w 1020 motor with 50a controller
Kelly kls7218s
20S charger with 12a adjustable
LLT 100a Smart Bms
Molicel P42a x100
Maelectric Spot Welder

I was thinking 20s4 or 5p, but seeing a 20s20p build I’m wondering about more :rofl:, if I don’t get screwed on customs first time and whatever fits nicely. Also I might set up a BMS bypass for running 200a 20sec turbo. I’m thinking I should have just got the 200a but seemed excessive idk?

Well that’s basically all I got now and waiting. Need to order battery supplies still.

3 Likes

Some batteries came in. Things were great dealing with 18650batterystore and no crazy brokerage from fedex, so I got a few more coming :rofl:

More stuff came in but no bike yet, not sure if a shortage or something but why do they say it’s in stock?

5 Likes

1 brazillion years later and after all my stuff came from china including slow boat, the bike came in. Dremeled the frame a bit to fit the motor screws otherwise perfect. Switched to my stock motor sprocket. Working through all the wiring shitshow now and repinning connectors.

2 Likes

At his point I’ve been abusing the stock lead acid batteries at 50A with the kelly. The bike rips even with 36V, waiting for a few more parts before taking it out and building the lithium. Top speed is 41 is kmh at the moment. I ordered some hydraulic brakes, lights, turn signals, a dash and some kenda k329 street tires in prep for the next stage. Riding this thing is incredibly satisfying even with cutouts real soon at 50a :joy:

Local powersport shops wouldn’t install my tires without selling me some, auto shops wouldn’t touch it, had do it myself. Thanks ottawa. Fortunately neighbor had some good tire forks before I had to order some because canadian tire doesn’t have tire tools rofl.

3 Likes

Got sick of the lead acid and did the 20s6p finally. Not the greatest build, lots of stuff I’d improve next time but seems ok. Would have liked to do 3 stacks but I felt for a first build it would be too much. I could always build another spare like this.

6 Likes

Painted and did some wiring cleanup. Running 100A its crazy, I guess goes without saying. Not sure what info would be useful from this build to people. Extremely happy how things are right now.

6 Likes

Post some video’s. Would love to see this in action :ok_hand:

1 Like

Where did you get the Razor ? It’s a really cool build btw and I agree with the person above me :grin: we need a video :wink:

@joshoujoe I got the Razor from amazon brand new. Couldn’t be arsed to find a steal lol.

She’s a lively one

Got a few mods done to improve things, mostly just return damping the front fork and stuffing the sprocket with grease to quiet it.

4 Likes

nearly crashed here didn’t you ? xD this looks way too fun to ride

1 Like

Yes got a bit close there for the video :joy:

The top speed is already like 80kmh with this setup. I could switch to a 44t rear from the 55t and do 12 or 13t front, or drop it to 9t front, which I wanted to see how much more torque I can squeeze at 72v 80A. What’s insane is it pulls just as hard at 10kmh as it does at 40kmh, or so it seems. The eskates are much more practical but this is just pure adrenaline, especially being a bit more uhhh grey

2 Likes

:woozy_face: you can almost legally go on the highway with it xD well in theory you can since the min is 60km/h

do you think about upgrading the motor at all or it’s powerfull enough ?

also wear your gear when ever you ride :crossed_fingers:

would love to see how fast you can get to top speed

The motor was replaced right away pretty much. The stock is a 500watt brushed so getting a good brushless controller you’re kind of forced. I bought the my1020 motor 72v 3000w seems quite happy even at 80A but that is flat street use. I think hard hills and offroad would overheat. It was a near perfect drop in minus the protruding case screws so I had to dremel 2 holes in the swingarm for it.

I’m planning to try registering it as a lsm ‘low speed motorcycle’ but I may be laughed at, then its just yolo.

3 Likes

yeah most likely

could you go with a hub motor instead ? or maybe like a Qsmotor there is a rather small model that could maybe fit

how much range do you have with that 20s6p ?

I could but this build is perfect imo. I really don’t need more power and fitting anything larger would need a lot of changes from what I read. Some people doing QS but it involved more fitment. I’m pretty sure it would be fine on most hills just at extreme cases I believe it will get too hot, which is the case for a lot of other stuff too.

Range I haven’t gotten a good test yet, around 20+ km even going really hard. I’m guessing around 50km normal use. Whats a good range tracking app everyone uses?

2 Likes

Relive is a good tracking app gives your speed, location and travelled distance

1 Like

That app got a bit wierd with the permissions, hopefully this one is ok:

Started at full voltage 84.1 and after was 82v

2 Likes

Soo against most good advice I proceeded to order a 3.5x10 rear and after dremeling the rear bolt and caliper mounts it fits pretty nice. I have about 1mm of clearance to the motor, this is fine :joy:. Debating grabbing a 2.75 for the front to balance things a bit. The handling has improved dramatically, the front feels a bit squirrly still so thinking a slightly wider front would be awesome. Efficiency is down, motor runs warmer and so does the controller. Motor was finally hot to the touch today. The wheel is a larger diameter with the fitment on a 2" rim so I’m thinking changing the front sprocket to a 7 - 9 tooth will improve things.

2 Likes

I wonder if the wheel could potentially touch the motor while moving at a certain speed with the centrifugal force.
for the heat could you find a heatsink that would fit on the motor? kinda like the ones you can find on some rc cars

for the controller i guess you could stick a fan or 2 on it to actively cool it or get a better one

1 Like

Yeah I could attach a heatsink to the motor since I got the version with the mount plate. And yes the tire does touch the motor when it spins really fast in the air but it doesn’t seem to happen when rolling on the ground fast. Only issue is how I created a channel for the wheel to move back, it creeps forward now because of the forces. May need some bead welded in there to make the axle sit permanently at the modded spot.

2 Likes