The Storm | Kelly 7218s | my1020 3000W | 20s6p P42a

you could make a chain tensionner screw thingy so it doesn’t move by itself. kinda like the ones you’d have on motorcycles

1 Like

Ohhh like the camber bolts for a car suspension? That a great idea, just dunno if I could get a bolt like that, its a pretty specific length to razor I’m guessing. Could cut something but it would still have to be pretty specific I think?

Oh one of these brackets on each side would probably work. Spose I could make something.

2 Likes

was thinking more a system like this.

this could work if it fits the shaft

you’d have to reinforce it for sure tho

Oh ya that seems even easier, looks like it should fit well. My axle is 10.8mm over the thread I guess maybe that’s a 10mm axle.

https://www.amazon.ca/CyclingDeal-Bicycle-Single-Tensioner-Adjuster/dp/B07WRN76YX/ref=sr_1_53?dchild=1&keywords=Chain+tensioner&qid=1622731061&sr=8-53

1 Like

tbh I’d be scared they’d break if you over tighten them lol but for 12 bucks it’s worth the try :man_shrugging:

They won’t hold much torque anyways its mostly reinforcement. I’m still going to add a large washer over that area to add some more force for that bolt. If they do crack worst case is my wheel moves closer to the motor again.

I found some in montreal so maybe I’ll get them sooner than june 25 lol.

1 Like

well as long they hold up to the linear pressure it should be good

ehh depends if it’s shipped with post canada xD had sum that took 2 weeks from toronto to montréal to get to me…

Wow, I’ve had my fortnine shipments with canada post show up in less than a day multiple times now. They did send an email that they are busy though and takes a day or two to process which was fine. Still fast. Also bikecomponents.ca was very quick ordered thursday had it monday I think

1 Like

to be fair it wasn’t from a company so ig they put companies first in line over citizen-citizen shipments

1 Like

Battery cleanup day, some loose strands on both ± on the bms got me really worried so I addressed all my big issues. Rotated bms 90 degrees so there is room to route power wires better. I re soldered power wires so they have perfect strands and solder connections, then hot glued each area. Added a layer of flex tape to the foam pad separating my two halves. Added fish paper around some metal edges, especially around the main +/- tabs where the balance wires go around the edge. I also hole punched the fish paper so I can put my main power leads over the paper, I had them behind before and it looks terrible. Still has that diy look but super happy with it now.

2 Likes

Tail lights and turn signals? Also I did add the tensioners to wheels but axels are like 12mm so I had to dremel a bit. Not great for my purpose but its ok.

1 Like

On your way to make it road legal?:smirk: would of loved to see some stealth turn signals or even DIY ones for the lols

I was debating making some, the resin printer can do nice clear prints. You may be right about making them more stealthy. I like how it looks but it looks more like a moto now. I think I need to know what doesn’t work before diy lol.

1 Like

Finally installed the flasher relays for the turn signals. Also the ct22 display came in and I’ve wired up some of the stuff, got the speedo calibrated a bit.

3 Likes

Small update

Recently what ended up being the biggest pain in the ass was hydraulic brakes for this thing since I have to adjust the cable all the time. My first order didn’t have electric switches and isn’t even here yet, the 2nd set was for right side caliper, 3rd set is perfect…ish, I had to shim 1 side of the rear caliper to clear the rotor. Idk if I need a 180mm adapter but it doesn’t look that way. It works great this way, but a slightly longer screw would be ideal. After test ride I’m very happy all the dumb scraping noise is gone.

//

2 Likes

Every time I see this thing I just think I want one :joy::sweat_smile: saw a pit bike a bit bigger without a motor for like 300$ was so close to buying it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

only issue with the pitbikes is you are almost guaranteed some welding to make stuff work. They are much more capable and a better deal especially with a blown motor though.

1 Like