The Singularity™ bushing design for Channel trucks.

So now the face on the inside of the hanger becomes one big bushing seat.
Is this bushing seat in line with the pivot axis?

With that much surface area on the seat, does the bushing need to drag itself around on that face in order to conform with the rotation of the hanger?

I imagine this configuration has a very solid center, but I’m having a harder time imagining it being able to allow for deep leans even with 60a. Am I underestimating how squishy this can get?

1 Like

We can always make the bushing narrower to gain more lean if necessary, plus we could also tune with different diameter holes molded in which could also be modified for people who have a weak side turn.

3 Likes

This looks like a really interesting project! Any plans for a Hypertrucks version? I have a hard time imagining Hypertrucks getting any better than they already are with your bushings, but I’m always open to be surprised :grin:

I definitely know the feeling of standard channel bushings/springs having a “weak center”. I’ve described it to people as “balancing on the pivot bolt while going 30mph.” It’s not the best feeling, so I generally try to ride an edge (to borrow a snowboarding term), and therefore make sure I am always compressing one bushing or the other.

Even still, my most unstable moments are when I am crossing over the center of the pivot and both bushings are uncompressed. If I hit a pothole in that instant, that’s what will send me into dangerous wobbles. If these Singularity bushings can eliminate that without sacrificing the amazing carving and turning of the Hypertrucks bushings, I’ll be all over them!

Anyway, i’ll be watching this closely. Thanks for always pushing this sport forwards Brad! Yall are wizards, and I love it!

9 Likes

Agreed! I notice a lot of riders that ride heel side heavy. Ppl look at me like u have 3 heads when i point out the disadvantages of that. I ride the same as u with the heel and ball of my foot on the edges. If i had my ppl from DFW ESK8 ALLIANCE send you their trucks would you be willing to allow them to be Guinea pigs for you?

Mark

1 Like

Not sure is weight is a penalty but each Singularity in it’s current configuration is 48 grams so a total of less than 100 grams per board.

2 Likes

Well more weight almost never helps, but it’s interesting that it’s actually slightly lighter than shockblocks! I measured the medium orange ones at 25g each, so at 100g total it’s nearly identical. Maybe it’s the metal plate on them or something that adds weight.

I’d love to try this out on my matrix BNAT build. I have an extra pair of old trampa trucks I could loan you. The caveat is that they are an older model, without cnced square ends. I can measure them against my brand new trampa infinity trucks. I believe the bushing barrel/spring mount points are identical.

1 Like

I measured it the bushing mount point dimensions on the old carvers and new infinity trucks are identical.

1 Like

This looks really cool. Id be way into trying them if more testers are needed. Weight 135lbs, riding a flux. Right now on yellow shock blocks front and back.

2 Likes

Wonder how they’d do with 3dservisas fatboys.

I have those as well as matrix and moons. As well as the hyoertruck ruptide adaoters which i love.

3 Likes

Our Rev-A is working well but Rev-B is on the near horizon. We have learned a lot and pressing forward in pursuit of perfection.

8 Likes

You guys looking for more testers?

Once we have the design we think we will go to production with, I will be sending out to select testers.

5 Likes

Here is a peak at Rev-B at under 40 grams

17 Likes

Had an interesting thing happen at the Maryhill event a couple of days ago. A member of our Forum could not get is Lacroix Proto to handle the way he wanted which he had converted his MBS trucks to run Hyper truck bushings so I kicked sown some of the few I had to get him back on track which improved the situation, Somehow while testing in the grassy area, one of the bushings and preload plates was lost so he was without any spares…

I realized I had the analog Singularity stashed in the car so it was disassembled and reassembled on his electric which allowed him to safely navigate the course without issue. I had to leave early so he kept the setup installed and the next day put in about 70 miles on the Singularity setup. Looks like we got our first tester signed up!

34 Likes

Any updates on this? I’ve been holding off on red MBS shock blocks in anticipation for these babies.

Notes on the functionality: The picture titles describe the requirement and or function.

17 Likes

After some issues logging back in here. Aside from Brad being a amazing and genuine person getting my board back up and running during that event. I’d love to give a bit of a review on This bushing setup from riptide totally changed how the mbs trucks ride for me. They feel a lot more stable in a sense that they feel like the board never gave me a unbalanced or on edge feeling while turning and carving and left the board feeling a lot more stable and easier to control and manipulate. Being able to test these on my prototipo was very cool and I greatly appreciate Brad. He was able to keep my board up and running and that means a lot. Overall I feel like this design is a huge upgrade over the stock bushing system on the mbs and look forward to getting a pair for myself when they come to market. Thanks Riptide, Brad & Team

13 Likes

What duro are you using and how much do you weigh?

1 Like

Thank you Eric!