The Outlaw Star - "what has come” 4WD | 1:42 3DS | 6380/4 | Flux | 12S9P 50E

Haha nice nice, just rewatched bebop for the 1,000th time

2 Likes

I’ve got a couple Q’s…

Did you just stack two unities on top of each other and then have one using super long phase wires?

What amperage per motor are you running currently…

What’s da range you are getting?

@Brently

yo man -

Unities are not stacked on each other here’s a pic, you can kinda see them in there, they are mounted via thermal tape to those motor mounts I’m using as heat sinks

so yeah super long phase wires for front motors. Haven’t had any thermal issues hottest I’ve gotten the front motors was 110 F. After 24 continuous miles!

Running below settings per Unity:
60A motor
-55A brake motor
50A Batt max
-16 regen

I will likely be bumping that up to be more like 70A / -60A motor

This thing runs cooooool for the millage I put on it each ride.

I haven’t done a full on “ride it till it dies” range test. However, I estimate a solid 45miles of hard riding and maybe up to 55 if I’m not launching hard. I did a ~35 to 38 mile ride into the city and back and went from 100% to 29% to give you an idea. That was on a ride with some homies with an average speed of 22mph over the course of like 1.5 hrs. So not slouching through any section of it, up many hills etc.

I’m 200lbs geared up for reference as well.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info!

1 Like

couple more Q’s.

how the heck are you pulling 60A a motor on 50e cells shouldn’t they max out at like 135A for the whole pack?

how are the aps motors holding up, i am thinking of getting some but have heard bad things about them.

thanks in advance

Per unity is set at 50a battery max. So thats 100 battery amps max continuous.

Motor amps and battery amps be different things bro. Theres a thread about it here somewhere.

2 Likes

Like @glyphiks said I have it set to 100A battery total. I think I’m actually gunna turn it down, I don’t need all that with 4wd and I wana see if I get better range at like 80 batt

RE: APS motors - so far these rears have been fine but I broke one of the fronts during detection on fw5. The good news about APS is if you annoy the shit out of them they’ll send you replacement cans for free. I would buy flipsky’s new battle hardened motors now if I was buying motors again. They’re supposed to be decent esp for the price.

1 Like

Some nice refinements for my current fav ze flux.

-added a Bruce Hoyt puck officially moving away from nano for the first real time in my DIY career (I’m late I know) couldn’t leave it stock color so the front cover got a generous amount of coats of both gold and clear coat. I’m very happy with how it turned out.

Added a silver davega for a bit of bling and real-time info. So far I love it!

After all that tediousness I needed a sandwitch and a beer

Finally- I added some Trampa phat lads hubs and 9” inlines. Only took a 2 mile spin around the block on them but so far I like emm. Time will tell. The board looks like a freaking car now with the 9’s haha

9 Likes

dang dude, you really took this thing to the next level, amazing!!

1 Like

thanks for the awesome base to start from!!!

1 Like

those tires…they 9"?

1 Like

yessir innova inline 9’s

1 Like

Clearance on the 9" good? Looks awesome :ok_hand:

1 Like

dude vast improvement - I bottomed out all the time on stretched 8’s

1 Like

Haha, I honestly ment with the edge of the deck when turning. But I too wanted 9" for the height bump on road clearance.

2 Likes

Ha I didn’t have any problems on the test run, if your on standard MBS I think it might be close but should clear.

This is with red rear and orange front

2 Likes

How tight is the bearing seat on those hubs? I had a lot of issues with hypa hubs’ bearing seat being so loose, started to mess up the plastic so I switched them out. You using any compounds to keep bearing in place?

Funny you ask I found them very tight I had to press with a good amount of force or tap them with a rubber mallet to get the bearings in. I’m just running speed rings on the outside.

I’ll watch the bearing seat though and see if any warping occurs overtime

That’s good to hear, they’re good looking wheels

1 Like

Let there be light!!

Not going to lie I wish they were even brighter but this is good for now

3 Likes