THE New Go-FOC DV4s

Would it surprise you if there were two more fets… on the other side?

It would, cause cooling them in the most efficient way becomes difficult double side mounted

2 Likes

probably why all makerx ecs case is full metal, not heatshrink crap like a certain brand

1 Like

While I see your point, thats not the arguement.

Most FETs, including those in the picture. are best cooled from the underside, thru the PCB. Cooling them thru the case does very little in comparision. Look at the old VESC 4.x design f.e one of the big flaws was the FETs beeing belly to belly. This propagates the heat onto eachother. Which obviosuly wasn’t very good :smiley:

Sure you could do a staggered layout(avoiding belly to belly but double side mounted) That would require a bit complex heatsink tho.

The direct FETs f.e is very different ofc. they can be efficiently cooled from both sides.

Like I said, I’m open to beeing wrong here. I have 0 insight to the actual performance :slight_smile:

14 Likes

when i get mine, i will post some pics of both sides (assuming im getting it fast enough because i practically live next to china) :joy:

time to bust out my decade old camera for those shots

Pardon me if i’ve missed it, but what is the intended retail price?

1 Like

i saw 165, but i could have been blind because it was 2am

2 Likes

Wow, kinda sad i missed out on the presale price now :rofl:

3 Likes

Dude, same, idk how I’m just now seeing this.

1 Like

I have a funny felling MakerX is going to take over the VESC market.

It would be cool to see MakerX next year at ESK8con!

6 Likes

They kinda already do :joy: I would recommend makerx all day over some other brands

4 Likes

Do these have the same form factor /size as a unity?

What connectors come with these, if any?
4mm bullets and xt90?

96x60x19.5mm Is the stated size.
So I was curious.

6 Likes

So small!

1 Like

Thats what she said!!

3 Likes

4mm bullet and XT60

That’s ideal. Thanks for getting back. Looking forward to giving one a go.

3 Likes

@YUTW123 I find myself wanting one now and I’ve obviously missed the pre-sale. When are they going back on sale?

3 Likes

Accepting orders again on May 20th ~

7 Likes