THE New Go-FOC DV4s

don’t remember sorry, but i didn’t need to pull very hard on the phase

2 Likes

Replacement thermal pads for the upper heatsink are 80mm x 14mm x 1mm for anyone who needs it, bottom is 75mm x 16mm

And the threaded holes are 5mm blind holes, will not damage the PCB by overtightening

3 Likes

Is this solder bridge something to worry about?

It looks like phase lead side bar is supposed to be neg and the cap side bar is supposed to be pos but sometimes the bars have continuity if I measure fast enough…

1 Like

looks the same as the pic they posted, mine also the same in that spot. My unit function just fine

2 Likes

Aighty, sounds good to me

1 Like

I hope that bridge isn’t current carrying :sweat_smile:

Certainly gave this little esc a good workout this weekend at the Eebit event here in the UK.
One rider was having problems with a stormcore, (it was his shoddy wiring)
So I lent him a board running the little DV4. It was 28-30 degrees while the races were happening, The esc had a max temperature of just over 50 degrees c. Logging showed that it was giving up to 70 motor amps, 40 battery amps.
Rider number 26.

11 Likes

Do you have a github repo, or other way to distribute your source code changes?

I ask partly because I want to play with ABS and traction control, and partly because VESC is licensed under GPLv3, which requires distributing the source code of derivative works.

It should be submitted to the VESCtool GitHub.

Should be, but isn’t.

Hell yeah! That looks awesome!

1 Like

Wow that’s impressive haha, not bad at all

Especially for the price. It’s like the perfect unity replacement, just needs a smaller button haha

2 Likes

You can very easily add any size of button yourself. AliExpress has them in multiple colors with different graphics and LED colours.

2 Likes

NC (normally closed) momentary ones aren’t as common.

2 Likes

I am aware but I also think it should be an option from them

need some help with configuration. ran auto detect for the motors and have run into two issues when riding. first is after a short amount of easy riding the power drops significantly, even going up a small hill becomes impossible. second issue is anytime theres significant load (think starting on a hill) the motors will stop abruptly and throw me off the board.

i also noticed that my battery appears to have gotten very warm at some point.

last thing to mention is my motors are not even slightly warm when i notice the power drop.

battery specs are 12s2p molicel p42a pack.

i’ve attached some screenshots of my current settings

1 Like

Can you check if it’s the “one side dies” issue mentioned above?

still learning vesc. how do i check the logs

1 Like

You can just put your board upside down, throttle it several times and see if one side dies, i.e. one side stops responding.

If you have VESC Tool and bluetooth, you can just look at RT Data, ride a bit (doesn’t take much), and see if a fault appears on the bottom bar of the app.

Didn’t buy the Bluetooth module for it. And no the issue is only present under load

So when the cutoff happens, have you checked if one side is still responding?