THE New Go-FOC DV4s

I hate how stuff like this can still leave experienced builders unsure.

1 Like

Tbf, this is my very first time doing AWD and never read much on it.

I’m sure most who’ve done AWD on vesc know the answer

1 Like

AFAIK if they are running firmware from the same VESC Tool release they will always work, but I can’t say for certain about cracked firmware

2 Likes

6 Likes

So small, and really nice looking solder joints on those phase wires!

2 Likes

It is so smol.

3 Likes

Has anyone tried fitting this esc into a hurricane?

6 Likes

Aren’t there 3 versions of that ESC? Best bet would be to open yours and measure it out, but odds are you’d have to modify the heatsink to make it fit

1 Like

With heatsink modification, or outright heatsink replacement, absolutely doable.

2 Likes

I just received mine and I can say that the quality of the in and exterior is really nice and has a premium feel to it, but you should probably switch to different screws, because two out of the four screws on mine just snapped of when I applied the tiniest bit of force to them.

2 Likes

Is that red threadlocker on them? You’d have to heat up the bolt before undoing it if that’s the case. But on an ESC red threadlocker shouldn’t be used to begin with, because you don’t want to damage it from applying heat. Blue would be more appropriate…

Huh?

How? Why?

1 Like

mine had tiny bit of blue on each screw, that’s it

I literally just applied the tiniest amount on them and they just kinda disintegrated. I took out the remaining two screws and tried my hardest to recreate them breaking, but they held up perfectly, so I guess it was just these two screws that were affected.:thinking:

I tried to take a close up picture of the point where it broke, but this is the best I could manage to take with my phones Camara:

That is weird for sure but why were you taking it apart?

1 Like

I am using it to replace my unity, but the power cable is on the other side, so I plan to replace the original 10 cm 12 awg with a 25cm 10 awg cable, so I can loop it to the other side, where my battery connector is located.
And I wanted to see if there is also a second hidden uart port inside the enclosure, just like on the Go-FOC HI100.

1 Like

Ah gotcha. Yeah those are some weak bolts, that or they were overtorqued

1 Like

Doesn’t fit quite as well as I would have hoped, have to put it in sideways…I should’ve gotten a regular DV4 :sweat_smile:

Also I just realized there’s a PWM pin on one UART port and a momentary switch pin on the second UART…why not leave the PWM port as it is and have a 3 pin switch port?

I gotta say the packaging job was absolutely minty :ok_hand:t3:

6 Likes

Mine arrived today and was also packaged nicely.

Still can’t get over how tiny this thing is.

4 Likes