The light white - an eMTB jump story

I am certain you can figure out a solution if you put your mind to it.

1 Like

I thought about it before I designed the packs and decided to try first the back mount version. The 18650 packs already 85mm high and a esc box would add another 35-40mm on top. Don’t want to go that high as well. If back mount doesn’t work out I can always design an other top lid of the battery box and mount them back in the middle.

2 Likes

Gorgeous build! Makes me want to build the parts I’m collecting that much more! I do wanna know if you have a link or a file for the plugs. My buddy 3D prints for me and could make them for me, I want to plug the ones on my street build :grin:

1 Like

Thx! Which plugs exactly you speak about?

The 8 deck plugs

pm me your email, i can sent you the stl file.

Ohne interesting old school lesson I just found about the right way to jump:

21 Likes

To avoid baby :unicorn: running amok. Love it.

5 Likes

Meanwhile I changed the Focboxes center mounted to Maytech 6.6 rear mounted.

Those are huge but I like them a lot.
I run them at 80A bat max and 90A motor max.
I as well changed the positive ramping form 0.3 to 0.1 sec as well as the throttle curve to +15%.
First ride the board shoot out twice under my feet (with my feet straped on for sure :joy: ) after accelerating out of a turn but its a lot of more fun than with the old settings and focboxes.
Way more power faster available.
With this setup I really don’t see a need for bigger motors (for now).
Not on mainly flat/ slightly hilly terrain.

Next thing to do:
Change the maytechs to the cheap focers to see what I can get out of them.

13 Likes

very nice build and write up

keep up the good work :+1:

1 Like

Ah I can see I’m going to be watching that over and over and learning hahaha thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I noticed in the video for BH the motors they do the stator and bell, is the bell needed for eboards? Wouldn’t that keep a lot more heat in, or with the bottom open would allow enough airflow? I may go ahead and do mine while waiting for parts :grin:
Also what epoxy did you use to keep the fill plugs in the board? The 8 in the deck where the feet go? Got a buddy printing mine out and figured I could gather supplies

I mainly hardened the bell as I had issues with magnets and retaining ring getting lose.
I think for most of us the stator is the thing which doesn’t need to be hardened as long as you don’t have lose windings or shitty glued sensor wires.

For the holes I used just a normal epoxy. Nothing fancy. Maybe get some which is not super fluent. I think you could as well use silicon or sikaflex to fix them.

1 Like

Amazing board and fantastic riding man, I wish I could ride that well!

1 Like

Thx! You know in videos you always see just the best parts :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: who know, maybe you already drive better than me :tipping_hand_man:

1 Like

I cant jump like that or do those wheelies so maybe not! Haha

1 Like

We can just find out when we drive together :joy: sadly i‘m not in Paris

1 Like

Wish you were… dont make me come to Russia Andy…

:thinking: actually…

3 Likes

You always welcome :sweat_smile: but summer is short here, winter is also fun if you want to drive my quad :joy:

3 Likes

Well, both of you come to Greece. Summer doesn’t get much longer than here.

2 Likes