The life after cancer thread

No! Lmao

Let me see if I can find a pic.

Okay no pics. It was 2 meepo 10s2p shit tier packs in parallel and I put the scooter charge connector on the meepo charger and called it a day.

1 Like

That’s totally nuts. I’m shocked that the system could handle that kind of voltage.

1 Like

The motor is a DC motor and the ESC is a big light switch. I think it could run 20s

1 Like

That’s awesome to know. I bet the on/off throttle is a bit rough on 10s. I might have to experiment with some 5s lipos in series.

Nah man it’s fine! No crazy jerk! Fuck I wish I took a video. Felt like it was how it should have been stock.

1 Like

So, you are running a 10s4p pack on all stock components? Would you mind sending some pics of how you installed the battery? I’d love to see a video as well…

Some of these kids vehicles seem to be able to handle some serious voltage. My son has a 12v Mini Cooper that had two speeds Lo/HI and went 2.5/5mph respectively. I swapped the 12v battery with a 6s battery and the speeds just about doubled, as expected, with no issues.

Then I charged the batteries and instead of wiring them in parallel, I accidentally wired them in series at 12s. My son took off like a rocket for about 30 feet, then heard two pops and saw two large sparks from each wheel and fun was over. Oops. Obviously, the motors couldn’t take 12s and both fried immediately. Cut to buying a couple replacement motors from ebay, back to 6s, and everything ran fine again. Actually a little faster due to the new motors, so I backed it down to 4s, and it’s been fine.

So, basically this little 12v speed controller (light switch) survived 50v and two blown motors like nothing happened. Next trick is to try overvolting my 24v Razor Ground Force Drifter that has variable speed throttle and see how that goes.

Oh and at 6s the Mini Cooper on/off throttle is quite the neck snapper.

6 Likes

Oh yeah. The brushed motors and aluminum block Chinese escs can almost always take a 12v over volting.

Example:

My monstrosity of a scooter skateboard was a 24v brushed motor and controller. I dropped a 36v battery in and it was 150% faster. I upgraded the controller and motor to 36v versions and I was back at 100% speed :unamused: Added one more 12v battery and I was back zooming again!

@Mobutusan I kept reading 12v to 6s as 12v to 6v and was so confused lol. Need my coffee.

5 Likes

Hey bud - thinking about you and this thread since your surgery. Hope you are recovering well. Don’t feel any need to respond if that’s not something that brings you joy or you feel like doing at the moment, but I know a bunch of skateboarding internet strangers are rooting for you!

19 Likes

Hey Chris. Thanks for the follow up. I really do appreciate hearing from you. Ironically, I just received some incredible news that I’m still trying to wrap my head around. Here is a copy/paste from my blog update yesterday:

Day #146

I’ve had this phrase stuck in my head all day: “Complete Response”. In case you are unfamiliar with this term, the medical community uses this classification when there is no pathological evidence of cancer. Now you are probably wondering why this term has been consuming my headspace, so let me explain.

Yesterday morning I had post-procedure follow-up with the surgeon that performed my liver resection two weeks ago. This was supposed to be a routine check-in, but the scope of the conversation was anything but routine.

Both liver tumors that were removed during the surgery were examined under a microscope to document the pathology. This is typically done to ensure that there were clean margins between the healthy tissue and cancerous tissue. It’s also used to identify how much of the tumor is still active. In my case, the conclusion was that both tumors have demonstrated a “Complete Response” to treatment. Say what…? Somebody pinch me, please.

The surgeon went on to explain that less than 5% of cancer patients achieve a complete response. This condition is even more rare, considering that the secondary tumors (on my liver) do not response as well to treatment as the primary tumor (on my colon), AND we are only halfway through treatment.

“But I still have tumors”, I mumbled. The doctor then explained that while the architectural remains of cancer might still be present, the inhabitants themselves have vacated and are no longer are dividing uncontrollably. Tumor shrinkage is now determined by the body’s ability to absorb dead tissue, not the dosage of chemotherapy treatment.

We still don’t have reliable evidence to support the possibility that the remaining primary tumor could be in the same state of remission. However, today’s news is a strong indicator of what could be possible.

Over the next week we will have a whirlwind of appointments to discuss what this means for future treatment options. There is a chance that we may still put the pedal to the floorboards and continue with an aggressive treatment strategy. There is also a chance that the doctors may convince us that this is no longer needed. Who knows…

We will continue to ask for prayer and wisdom as we embrace this new “choose your own adventure” chapter that has recently developed. More than ever before, we have evidence that He has made our paths straight. We cannot take any credit for this achievement, so we give Him all the glory and praise. Thank you for following along with us on this adventure.

Love,
Joshua

40 Likes

Wow wow wow, that is some news indeed! I will continue praying for your health bud. May many more blessings find their way to you and your family as your journey progresses.

9 Likes

thats amazing. well done and hopefully the news continues to get better
really amazing and i hope we hear of a full recovery soon and you can hopefully put this awful experience behind you

good luck again

5 Likes

Wow congrats man, best of luck and prayers for you. Pull through!

Clearly He has more plans for you

7 Likes

Fucking fantastic!! :metal:t3: That’s really great to hear. Some much needed good news in this messed up world. Now I’m no doctor or engineer, but keep riding that Flux cancer build with your family because it seems to be a highly effective secondary treatment. :wink: :facepunch:t3:

8 Likes

Amazing! Best wishes to you and your family. Hopefully this means many years of enjoying them and your fantastic board!

3 Likes

This is so amazing to hear! I’m overjoyed for you and wish for you and your family continued healing and confidence in whatever choice you make. :heart:

3 Likes

Great news man- couldn’t have hoped for better.

2 Likes

@monsterbuilder : Healing mojos and positive vibes, sir.
A question, please. I’m putting together a board using Matrix 2 trucks. Could you tell me how you were able to fit the TB 110 street wheels on its 12mm axle? Which bearing size did you use, please?
Thanks.

Hey man… I actually never put any bearings on the trucks for the thane wheels. I just dry fitted them. Here are the bearings that most people have been experimenting with:
https://forum.esk8.news/t/finally-they-re-here-22x12x7-bearings/41514

man, this whole tread is an inspiration.You seem like an awesome guy/father. I hope everything is going well for you. Very awesome build. Im on the fence right now between DIY and onsra carve 2.

9 Likes