The Last Power Supply (Charger) You'll Ever Need

yeah I am not finding it for as cheap as he said however.

not too great for this price given the mods needed.

4 Likes

You did a really great effort putting all this info together, I think some of the process could use a little better explanation and demonstration.

I just found this and it looks like a nice explanation of the isolation steps.

actual demonstration starts at 6:50

I guess it is hard to know what exact steps are needed for whatever power supply you get. Your cardstock choice seems very general purpose.

1 Like

oh jehu did a video too

guess I missed that

he covers the isolation in all of about 30 seconds.

2 Likes

Yup lots of info out there. I kind of mentioned it but each supply Model is different.

I tried to give it a general explanation. Ut yeah you’re right. 25 minute video explaining bot much haha

1 Like

it has all good info, with only the occasional drill shart noise interruption. The issue being you need to watch it more than once to really understand from a beginner perspective, and it seems daunting and confusing with all the info not following along at the same time.

Personally would have preferred a bunch of steps with explications and pictures but maybe that is out there already, haven’t really looked.

Can’t really nitpick free knowledge! too much at least :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Lolwut

I appreciate any feedback!

2 Likes

Don’t expect an amazing B+ Tier Uteuber video from ya

Guess it would be cool if a bunch of us could get different power supplies and all show how we do the isolation.

1 Like

This is a nice resource for the low voltage enable stuff
https://pinoutguide.com/

as far as isolation. you just have to look it up before hand. I recommend getting other supplies if you cant find a clear answer pretty much immediately.

What?

Ain’t nobody got time to watch a whole 20 minute video to find these

Anyone got a timestamp?

2 Likes

During the isolation part I think idk I’ll rewatch it for you.

2 Likes

It’s at 9:13 and I think it’s my fiance falling over something haha :joy:

2 Likes

LoL that’s hilarious

Sounds like a fan getting knocked over :rofl:

1 Like

anotha one

morrrr

ok…
found this
https://www.newegg.com/hp-656363-b21-750w-power-module/p/N82E16817292067?quicklink=true&Item=9SIAMGHBZP0572
$5 cheaper

1 Like

Those are great. Probably the best form factor and density

2 Likes

These are the ones you recommended and a solid price, 6 has $21 shipping but 10 is more than double shipping.

$88 total is better than what I found on ebay
Oh they have a “rewards” system that gives you a $10 discount off the bat

it was cheaper for me to order 6 and 4 separately than 10 at once, I could have even made a seperate account for each one and got two $10 discounts.
I spent $138 (could have been 128)
vs getting 10 in one order:

1 Like

I have a question

Would it be a good idea to get two of these 60V 24A

vs one 60V 50A

With two connected I could set them to charge a small pack and a large one at different rates.

1 Like

Two dc supplies in parallel are tricky. Much like battteries you wouldn’t want them exchanging current. It’s doable since you have current control. But you need to be careful. Don’t let one supply try to dump current into the other.

2 Likes

They are here! only dropped one of them!

Spare would have been a good idea…
if you buy these watch from here

yes with vice grips they come right off

oh testing before modification. Also not a bad idea… but they did that for me whateverr

2 Likes