The Last Century | Unity | 6374 | 12s4p 40T | SZ RKP | XTLA

that is great looking! nice work on everything mucho talented.

1 Like

My century was a bit ‘tanky’ as well until I snagged some new bushings from Riptide. Cones made a huge difference, hit up Brad in the bushing thread for some help!

Nice century build man!

2 Likes

I ordered some softer bushing duros last night, the tall variant so that way the king pin actually does something. I’ll ditch the fatcone and run barrel/barrel in the back, and either barrel/barrel in the front or cone/barrel front. If I have to much lean and get motor/wheel bite than I’ll either drop the mounts down a notch or add the fatcone to the back. If all else fails, drop the angle of the baseplate in the front. Lots of variables for sure.

That’s a great idea. I’m using double sided tape on the enclosure side and should be able to add some to the board side to ensure it has a bit of clearance from the deck, as well as more sticky ness so it can’t shift at all.

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Nice, that’s what I was thinking too! I picked some up last night and I’ll experiment a bit. Cone/Barrel in the front is what I was thinking before I try and drop the baseplate angle a bit.

Either Barrel/Barrel or Barrel/Fatcone in the back.

Thank you!

1 Like

Green fatcone board side green barrel road side both front and back is my setup, carvy and stable.

1 Like

What split angle are you running?

1 Like

50 front/ 40 back

2 Likes

Great job on the battery and build
I can’t wait to get by century up and running

1 Like

Make a thread! I’d love to see it.

Is it blasphemy if I cover the carbon with grip tape? I have this nebula splattergoat that looks really nice and I wanna throw it on.

2 Likes

Mine is carbon and covered in plain old grip tape. Go for it! Unless you plan on glass frit or something

1 Like

Initially I had planned on it, but I don’t foresee much of a problem if I choose to do it down the road and take the grip tape off. Missing something?

2 Likes

Griptape is easy to remove. Go for it!

3 Likes

You could also apply the grip tape and cut out some shapes, stripes or details to let the CF show through. Just make sure you have plenty of grip everywhere you may place your feet when riding.

2 Likes

Did some of the final touches on the Century and we are ready for the maiden voyage tomorrow!

Splattergoat grip tape got installed, I lowered the baseplate angle on the front and it no longer turns like a dump truck, and I repositioned the motors. The phase wires were too long and looked ugly with the sensor wire not having enough slack. I snipped off the MR60s and about 2” of wire to get a cleaner look.

7 Likes

What tires are those? They look grippy!

1 Like

if you really want it to turn and be stable at high speeds. put it on 3 links…

1 Like

Those are Onsra 6” tires. I actually really like them!

Not a bad idea but I haven’t tried 3 links. Seems neat for sure!

2 Likes

you would love them! super stable at all speeds and turn on a dime. I put them on my evo and i wont go back to tkp. Although I would suggest de-wedging that deck for 3 links.

Do you have a link to buy these? I am only seeing the standard Sunmates on the two Onsra websites I visited.