The Killdozer | Chiboards | 4x VESC 6 | 4WD | 80100 184kv | 12s15p 40t 2.6 kwh | Etoxx Helical Gears | 9" Mudpluggers | Kaly XL50+ Deck

Just put a nice compact atomic bomb instead of a battery. Should give enough power I think

4 Likes

17 Likes

Whats the ratio on the etoxx drives?

Those would be the 1:5s.

2 Likes

Has anyone ever ran Vesc 6 on 13s?

I don’t plan to, just curious.

2 Likes

I think there are plenty. But most seem to use Unitys or Focboxes. But the brand shouldn’t make too much difference for that, it’s the DRV that is limiting. Extra caps will help though.

Consensus is still that it is risky. If it wasn’t problematic someone would advertise it as 13s.

I’ve done it on focboxes with good results. I haven’t seen a build with 13s tho on vesc 6

1 Like

That’s true, I didn’t find one either. But if the caps aren’t different it should work the same.

1 Like

I guess focbox are less risk if something fails lol… $$$

2 Likes

We all know, that we are in the ballparks with 13s. lol :joy:

2 Likes

haha true… I wouldn’t take my 13s builds on a trip or distance ride…

1 Like

Why is everyone so keen on running 13s in the first place? Is there a noticeable increase in efficiency? Because the speed increase is negligible imho.

1 Like

I love how my board performs in the top 20% of battery level. It’s noticeable enough for me to want it to perform at that level or better from 0-100%.

I could run watt control but I’ve had issues with it in the past

1 Like

That makes sense. I’ll have to pay attention to that next time. Didn’t notice a real difference from 4.2 to 3.8 until now. And I didn’t go any lower yet.

1 Like

You can bump up your amps by like 5 or something?
Unless you mean lacking in top speed due to the sag?

2 Likes

Did you have to undercharge your board to avoid the board getting killed by voltage spikes? Or was it a plug n play kind of thing? I’m curious about what the focboxes provide that other’s don’t; assuming they are all limited by the DRV.

I have 2 focboxes and a unity lying around and I’m itching to go 13s lol

1 Like

No I just plugged them in lol

1 Like

Battery update: I’ve decided to go with a 12s15p using the same 40t cells.

90 cells on top and 90 cels in the enclosure 2.6kwh

I’ve made this change due to the complex and rather unsafe layout that would be needed for a12s12p and also lack of self control

This should help my range out as well obviously as I hear these motors are pretty thirsty

19 Likes

Have you though of using 50E? At 15P they will be enough, and 25% more energy

6 Likes

I want the amp output. I’ve done tests with the 50e and they sag like a mother.

Good suggestion tho

5 Likes