The Killdozer | Chiboards | 4x VESC 6 | 4WD | 80100 184kv | 12s15p 40t 2.6 kwh | Etoxx Helical Gears | 9" Mudpluggers | Kaly XL50+ Deck

The Puck can’t pair to more than 1 receiver unfortunately

Ah, this is just one of the reasons why the CAN implementation on the VESC is extremely problematic :).

Remove the CAN termination resistor on one ESC in the front and one ESC in the rear. It is typically next to the CAN transceiver IC.

Which VESC variant are you using?

@Chibatterysystems how do you make sure the can spins mostly true / wobbly free when you put so much glue between the magnets? You can certainly bring the can out of balance.

1 Like

The Trampa Vesc 6 MK3

Ok, do you know of a way to remove the plastic cover without ripping it apart? I can go find the resistor for you.

1 Like

Good question for this thread Battle hardening motors

1 Like

I will open them up tonight, thanks man.

I am open to a simpler suggestion… Maybe Split PPM to a Master in the Front and Split ppm to Master in the rear, and both of those Master’s connect to its own Slave…?

Yes that works. However, you will need to use an ORing diode since they will be powered on separately by their loopkeys.

I’d recommend using either a single loopkey or and antispark

1 Like

I would just use both Loop keys in parallel so I won’t need to power them separately.

Okay so looks like I have my answer.

Master slave up front, master slave in back, powered on at the same time with essentially 1 loop key. This will also allow me to have different settings up front and in back.

1 Like

You will need to make sure they power on at the same time. If you are familiar with the “disable the BEC” procedure on other RC controllers, you can also do the same thing here.

1 Like

They will be hardwired together.

The nice add on with CAN is you have traction control across all 4 wheels, for me on off road it’s a must to avoid unnecessary tire spin and wear

1 Like

Do you run a 4WD board with CAN? If so, how do you do it? (do you remove the previously stated component?

It might work without removing the termination resistors. I’d recommend testing it that way and seeing if it works.

1 Like

Thanks man. If I don’t have to remove any components, I would go for 4WD CAN for sure. @Trampa Is running 4WD with CAN safe without modifying the VESC?

You can do that. You might need to remove the CAN termination resistors on two of them.

2 Likes

Ah okay, is there any documentation on this?

No, just 2WD, for now, but will in the future

R 23

1 Like

It appears R23 is on the underside. I do not see it on the top side.
Also how do I remove the plastic cover.

2 Likes