The hacksmith made " "the world most powerful electric skateboard" "

I was wondering how you measured and modeled those rod ends to look so accurate lol

1 Like

They are actually cool with that idea. I complained about closed esc’s recently and they offered to help make my idiotic wish come true with a bare platform. (Strange I’m defending them here)

I single the OPs source video out for specific criticism bc, @TheBoardGarage @ShutterShock they pulled off talented engineering stunts well before YT fame. They had the skill and knew better. They already had the audience and they knew. They know.

Don’t coopt one of the few things I love for the views. I’m rarely grouchy about topics here.

They had engineering chops, and they knew what they were doing. Booo, their content is bad and they know it’s bad. Boooo :-1:

P.s my YT channel is so shitty, it’s not even a thing to bring up. I don’t care and I don’t use it for others. It’s only to repost links here, bc server space

9 Likes

But out right lying deceit and click bate is ok in your eyes. You Basically agree with the content farms like 5 minutes craft that are killing the proper you tubers. Only useing 1 bearing in the wheel like that means it’s only staying on by a push fit dangerous and if a wheel comes off at speed can kill you.

If you water cooled the battery’s and thermal throttled them. Li-pi company’s completely overestimate there preformsnce. There all at it if you don’t then your left on the shelf.

What’s the cable 10AWG 600A makes it glow orange and melts the solder

Any one got the motor spec I’m presuming the motor rated for 100v and thay won’t be running the max voltage and kv

We should just stop here and laugh it off. These kind of clips ruin us. They ruin me.

Go post in “pics and nothing else”, things that you like. It doesn’t have to be fast, but hopefully it does spin.

2 Likes

There is so much wrong in what you’ve written there.

Clickbait is when you have things in your title or thumbnail that are not in the video. It doesn’t seem like that’s the case there.

I basically agree with content farms? Agree with them on what? And it doesn’t seem like 5 minute craft videos are killing off channels like LTT or Louis Rossmann, or Mista GG, or Kurzgesat or whoever.

What you’re saying is silly, alarmist, and misses my entire point.

1 Like

He does this all the time, pay no mind

Overly dramatic and opinionated.

Like, really? Come on dude

They aren’t actually killing anyone? Everyone knows they are absolute garbage, and the only people that actually watch those are children, whose views make next to no money anyway.

I don’t know if you just don’t like Hacksmith in general or just don’t know what you’re talking about here but cut the crap lol

I would say I think you’re being facetious but I kind of doubt it

You can say whatever you want about XX videos have declined in engineering quality or whatever you want, it’s an opinon. I still think they are entertaining and I intend to keep supporting them. Sure they have some flaws, but it’s usually evident when focus has shifted.

As the 1% of hobby perfectionists obviosly we are going to find problems with certian decisions, but lets not be those people in the comments that look like pricks. If they actually wanted help, I’m sure they would have found this or the other forum.

3 Likes

For one I’m glad that we may have potentially found a new Source for Motors :sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles:

1 Like

All the nessecery info is on the site.

They’re pretty beastly tbh haha

I think the only person that’s used something comparable was Jens with the Leopard 8075 motors

1 Like

I’m wondering what justifies the price tag on these ? They are big motor but not huge, 8392
Is it silver wire inside ? seems really expensive

3 Likes

Some of the high end boards are asking for $6k/$800 for just a single truck this hobby’s secret for success (pay for Quality now / spent more later for Quality)

7 Likes

Just saw the video and I’m very interested in the motors. What makes them cost 700€ when we have 63100 for 150€?

4 Likes

You buy them with custom windings so built to order

My built to order maytechs were $180…

2 Likes

China labor is cheaper than American

2 Likes

At this price you certainly pay more than labor

2 Likes

I’m not saying there worth it just I can’t fined any Ohm,Amp,voltage rating because thay just ask what windings you want.

If you put 500v in a Maytech 6355 it be a 27,000w motor it proberbly take it🤷‍♂️

1 Like

Lmao no way, it would blow up instantly. The bearings in it probably aren’t even rated for that speed, much less, would it be able to take the heat

4 Likes

You outrage by that but not the false claims for click bait thay use. I megger test a 6355 motor at 500v later to see if the insulation could take it. That will be as accurate as there claims we can all have the most powerful skateboard in the world than