The hacksmith made " "the world most powerful electric skateboard" "

The youtube channel the Hacksmith just released a video on an electric skateboard and of course it’s “the most powerful electric skateboard” :neutral_face:

But for once the esk8 doesn’t seem to suck, got some beefy electronics, and a fake bajaboard base
What do yall think ?

7 Likes

Oh shoot time to give it a watch

I love Hacksmith but that title is a bit shouty

?? don’t dishonor hacksmith like that

6 Likes

I was talking about the skateboard :wink:
Edited it to clarify

3 Likes

His older stuff was a lot better to be fair, they have more resources now but the production quality has gone way down, it’s too ‘click baity’ or something

8 Likes

I disagree but anyways

Upgrading it is interesting, those motors and speed controllers they used are beasts. It’s also interesting that the original board used Makerx escs

2 Likes

Yeah definitely agree, it’s not instructional anymore and feels really impersonal with all the team and building montage
Only way to grow on youtube tho

5 Likes

With 1 motor powering 2 wheels the whole board must feel very stiff in turns

4 Likes

Anyone heard about those motors they used to upgrade the board with?

3 Likes

I was gonna say this too, they broke our age old doubt about if one motor can power two wheels and provide a pleasurable riding experience.

I’m guessing that guy was just a OneWheel rider and maybe has one board. It’s also pretty obvious that MGM sponsored it

MGM is more known in the high power RC world I think

2 Likes

We have a great thread on it on the french forum, but it’s in french : [Experience] Dual drive - One motor - Choisir son matériel - ESK8FR - La communauté du ride électrique

3 Likes

Also - builds offroad board

Doesn’t ride it offroad

7 Likes

Maybe because of the one axle for 2 wheels problem : one wheel will overspin and you will have no grip on soft ground, you’ll just fall

2 Likes

I mean I don’t know about that exactly, since its not just two wheel power, it’s all wheel power, the front ones would take over I imagine

It’s just like locking your differential in an offroad truck

…that dude didnt ride the board because he broke his non primary wrist? i competed in high school weightlifting team with a shattered forearm lmao

2 Likes

You weren’t running a million dollar a year income company and paying 20 employees in high school

I wouldn’t ride with a broken bone either

5 Likes

the left arm is pretty much the best limb to break on a skateboard, you dont use it at all

feelings on this?
lot of em

6 Likes

Completely agree, it’s become all about big numbers and click bait titles… In the good old days it would be somewhat informative and stay true to the title.

1 Like

mr 3D Editor seems to be pulling a “I skated in the 90’s” card.

Does have this really interesting video though:

3 Likes

they might aswell be different sports

3 Likes