The hacksmith made " "the world most powerful electric skateboard" "

admit it you would love to be that shredding on that thing

1 Like

looks even more dangerous than the stuff i make

3 Likes

Those kind of people are what we call “the cherry pickers” they like to keep one thing classified instead of calling it “electric”. They’re half right when they said “putting motors on a board doesn’t classify it as a skateboard”, it’s actually classified as a motor vehicle. But it’s still a skateboard.

Same people that would classify a electric scooters mopeds

4 Likes

I think they made it worse. First of all I was hoping for a custom build. Not just a slight modification. Second I think they didn’t even utilize the power of the base board. If they would truly use the 60HP the drive would simply break because its not designed for that. So all in all they just made it turn worse…

10 Likes

gatekeepers…

1 Like

send them this link:

their stone age mindset need some updating

4 Likes

Meh, stay tuned for my next YT vid with an LS swapped Lacroix. Bc, lé views.

10 Likes

Stop staying the most powerful. That really bugs me.

It bugs me less if you got crazy output numbers with math that works according to your batteries and escs.

I’d even like and subscribe if he posted telemetry.
Post dyno or gtfo.

Sure the motors are rated for whatever he claimed. I could connect a vesc 4.12 to a Tesla motor and power it at 10s with a 25R pack and equally claim the same most powerful rated skate motor build. It’s stupid. Don’t give him your views. It’s a waste.

Moreover, any most powerful build that starts with outrunners is guaranteed false. Full stop.

19 Likes

hey don’t call these motorized vehicles! You know how many signs I see that say ‘No Motorized Vehicles allowed’? I’d like to keep ignoring them, please. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Saying this has 60HP is a JOKE

3 Likes

Yea it was definetely a failure of an episode. Wasn’t much like their normal stuff either. Seemed very lackluster and not very imaginative. Just think how cool it could have been compared to the actual final result… rip

Actually interested in this. You know I’ve done a solid amount of research, and what I’ve come up with is that for the size, outrunner are MUCH more powerful, but to a point. In our application and voltage ranges (Excluding Stooge at 8s) and size needed, an outrunner is PRETTY MUCH the best motor.

I agree though, the most powerful would need to be 4 huge (think hand sized diameter) Inrunners on 20s :rofl:

6 Likes

Welp, @Arzamenable i just debunked my own conclusion… I believe I just found a stellar motor.

What I said stands, but it’s limited. This motor that I found is EXPENSIVE. That doesn’t matter though, I still debunked it. Inrunners are the most powerful, not the most user friendly. It’s VERY HARD to find a motor that’ll outperform our outrunners at the same size, inrunner motors just aren’t designed that way. We are a weird market, we don’t use big and we don’t use small motors

Priorities matter.

3 Likes

link?

1 Like

Probably, I don’t doubt your math behind this. I think I’m just butthurt about builds not having the rider or system capability to show use of that power.

I haven’t done much with the quad unity board I have, and so I keep my mouth shut. It ain’t shit till I show that it is.

2 Likes

Agreed! Well your motors are here, so I guess that means you should start taking the motors off of the quad :wink:

2 Likes

Lol you and I both man. You and I both. But where I live, the cops are cool with my esk8 on the road since I don’t try to be that guy and break the speed limit (when there’s pedestrians of course).

1 Like

In California you can absolutely ignore those signs. Our boards are electric motorized vehicles so we can ride wherever a bike is allowed.

4 Likes

All that equipment on hand and basically swapped a few components in a Chinese board.

2 Likes

I mean none of the skateboards today are really “skateboards” since we don’t use roller skate components on our boards anymore, right? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: We should just call them wheelboards. Or more accurately wheelsboards, not be confused with Onewheel wheelboards. :woozy_face:

2 Likes